“Enjoy Lark. Just don't go to Lark Tavern.”
Review of Lark Street

Troy, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Enjoy Lark. Just don't go to Lark Tavern.”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Enjoy Lark Street but do not go to Lark Tavern. Not only are they overpriced, but their food was (to put it nicely) disappointing. The beer tasted odd... as if the cups had been "cleaned" in dirty water. The bathrooms were disgusting. Only one stall actually worked (and apparently it is BYOToiletpaper) The stall wall also had a light smattering of what appeared to be boogers. The clientele is a lovely misture of creepy old men and creepy older men, and the best part of this lovely gem was that as we were patronizing this establishment the owner called and had our car towed from their parking lot. When we asked for information about where we were towed he said, "I'll get that for you." He then walked into the kitchen and hid out there for the next hour without providing the information. I suppose I shouldn't be suprised at this considering what I've read about how the current owners essentially hijacked the space from the previous owner after a fire. So then I had to go to the worst neighborhood in Albany and pay $165 to get my car back from the junkyard where it was towed. The towtruck driver, who left big grease handprints on the interior of my Audi told me that Ryan, the Lark Tavern owner tows his customers all the time. I suspect he is cahoots with them. Afterall, I did spend more getting my car back than I spent on food and drinks. Perhaps Ryan should pay better attention the the cleanliness of his establishment and poor quality of his product than who he can tow.

Visited November 2012

• Greek first
Albany, New York
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Crisan's Bakery - Best croissants outside Paris!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Having had fabulous croissants in France and Paris, it's very hard to find anything that comes close. Look no further - though Crisan's is run by a Romanian family, their pastries and croissants are unbelievably fantastic. It's worth trying to find a parking spot! Also tried their apricot filled pastry - mmmmmm just doesn't cover it. You can either sit down with coffee and a pastry, or get yours to go. Just go!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank castlesara2010
Averill Park, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“I want to like it...”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

...but it's too difficult to get too. Until someone creates a parking miracle - or you have a friend who lives nearby who has a parking spot in their driveway - you're not getting near it. The crime rate has also gone up in the last few years, which doesn't help things if yiou need to walk far to your car.

1 Thank Heather D
Hilton Head, South Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“fun”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We walked around Lark St. So many nice fun places for dining out. We just walked around and enjoyed all the different shops.

2 Thank lisamane
Schenectady, New York
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“The place to get food in Albany”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Watch people, walk and get everything. The coffee roaster, the wine bar, Thai, Indian, Pizza, coffee shops, the bar with music and it goes on for nearly five blocks. when you don't know what you want, go here and find it.

Visited September 2012

Been to Lark Street? Share your experiences!