“Good Beer Selection & Good Food”
Review of Hill Street Cafe

Hill Street Cafe
Ranked #248 of 696 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We visited the Hill Street Cafe on a quiet Sunday afternoon. We sat in the bar area and were pleased to find a good variety of beer selections. The waitress/barmaid did a great job, giving us efficient, friendly service. For the appetizer, we had the combo basket and for our combo (you get three choices) we chose double sweet potatoes and onion rings. They were hot, homemade, and tasty. For our meal we had the roast beef panini and the patty melt. The panini was good, the patty melt was awesome. Overall, it was a great experience and we'd go back again.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I haven't been to the Hill Street in a while, so we had to check it out after seeing an event at the Times Union Center. Thankfully, it was just as I remembered it. Dimly lit bar area. Larger dining room off to the side with plenty of lighting and TVs to watch from any angle. Our shared order of wings were crisp and delicious and din't last long. All of our sandwiches (grilled chicken and reubens) were awesome. So were the fries and cold drinks. It's cheap, hot, delicious and filling. Service was fine - there when you need them, absent when you have everything you need, back when your glasses are empty. Go Hill View!

Reviewed March 13, 2012

I have been to Hill Street a few times now when visiting Albany for concerts. A good friend of mine turned me on to the place probably because they have great wings, the beer selection is solid and the kitchen is open late.

This recent trip we came after seeing the band moe. at the Palace Theater and migrating our way down to hear after a stop at some other bars. We were lucky to sneak in some orders of food before the kitchen closed down, and that helped fuel another few hours of our reunion of sorts.

The bartender Todd was great with our gaggle; quick with his service and friendly to boot. The food was awesome and frankly if you are looking for a chill little place a tiny bit off the the main drag, this is where I would head to. Now that I have Hill Street Cafe properly stored in my memory banks I will be back the next time I am in Albany as prices are more than fair and I have loved every experience I have had here so far.

Todd was even good about putting myself and a friend in a cab at the end of the night, which if he had not it would have proven to be one long stumble. Good stuff!!!

Been to Hill Street Cafe? Share your experiences!