“I could eat here every day!”
Review of Mingle - CLOSED

Mingle
Cuisines: Korean, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

What I love most about Mingle is its consistency. Everything is always great! The food is unique and fresh. Plus the wine list is diverse.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Mingle is a jewel in Albany's dining establishments. Small, with not much decor, this place serves up great Korean Fusion dining! From the outside, the place hides the wonderful dining experience that you are going to have once you enter its doors. The staff is friendly and they know their menu, as well as their wines. Also, they know how to deal with people with food allergies and can make great recommendations or substitutions. One great dish is the Cheese Mac, this American standby, is a comfort food lovers dream come true. Pasta and various cheese come together to make a mouth watering meal. The Tuna dish is outstanding, pan seared and with fresh local vegies. Don't miss this place! But, come early the parking is a pain, but there is plenty along the street...but, don't let this small problem stop you from a truly great dining treat.

1  Thank Barry D
Reviewed September 12, 2013

The exterior is unimpressive and hardly inviting.The restaurant doesn't look like anything special from the outside. But -comfortable...friendly..and cozy was what i felt from the staff and venue from the moment I entered until I left.
Before being seated our waiter asked if any of us had special accommodation needs,
'Gluten free? Vegan? Vegetarian?" For anyone who needs one of those accomadations- it was nice to be asked in a way that made it clear that staff actually understood what each term meant and that dishes could easily be modified.
The menu had numerous choices begging to be tried. It was hard to settle...but it was paella for me. Companions ordered Chilean bass,tuna un hui, vegetarian 3 cheese mac and cheese and more paella.Most of the dishes had different ranges of "heat" and waiter defined each skillfully.
My paella was more than yummy.We're talking sensual delight....
Now despite ordering paella, i'm not a big fan of calimari. If eveyone cooked their calimari like Mingle I'd be eating it all the time. Every part of the dish was delightful. and while I was savoring each mouthful I managed to hear the contented sighs and quasi moans of delight from my companions. At a certain point I think conversation just stopped. It interferred with the mindfulness of the moment.
Companions who had been to Mingle previously said they were thinking about their next Mingle meal before they exited the restaurants door. Certainly true for me.I'm still thinking about what I want to try next.

1  Thank tomtdn
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Home style Korean dishes prepared with style. Nice cozy atmosphere, friendly/helpful staff. I had Tuna Un Hui, sushi grade tuna, encrusted in sesame seeds, pan seared, finished with balsamic-soy reduction. Great flavors, well prepared. Don't miss this off the beaten path restaurant.

1  Thank ranishi
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is great if you are in the area. The service staff is hard working but also has a reaxed feeling. The restaurant is clean with nice decor and atmosphere. The food is great with lots of flavor and spice. The food leaves a real zing in your mouth. Overall a great restaurant.