Motel 6 Albany
$144
$137
Hilton.com
  • Pool
CrestHill Suites Albany(Albany)(Great Value!)
$107
$139
  • Breakfast included
$90
$137
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Ok, I have been staying here for years when I visit Albany because they accept my dog and its convenient to highway and a good cab fare to Lark St. Yes, I was met at the front door where a housekeeper was out smoking (bad start) and yes they have had many shady people stay there, and yes I wouldn't recommend it to my friends and yes the rooms had deteriorated so bad I wouldn't walk barefoot in one of them, but now I was in a freshly re-done room, everything including a new flat screen tv worked well and carpeting has been replaced with new hardwood easier to keep clean floors. The price is certainly the best rate in town and I slept just fine for 2 nights in a room near the front desk. Check in was perfect! I still would hesitate to bring a family there, but fine for me and the dog. Hope they can maintain it! (should make it all non smoking, a couple cigarette burns in the bathroom already...geez!)

Room Tip: I still would stay away from the back especially if you are a single woman. Just saying.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ScottyPullen
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Motel 6 on Watervliet Ave. was reliably clean and great staff. Very conveniently located. They recommended a nearby cafe that was quite good. Ate wonderful salad there, but can't remember the name, left, left, right at t-intersection, immediately on right.

Room Tip: Face the rear parking lot and hillside, not the street.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

The staff is very friendly not all that helpful when you need them. Yes they are locked behind doors and glass after 10pm. Rooms smell clean n fresh. Lots of different types of people. Just keep to yourself and you won't be bothered by anyone. cops come thru there all the time. Never had any problems other then the Landry room bs. Not to bad if you have your pets. Management tries to fix anything wrong right away. Been in much worse.. this isn't all bad, beds are clean n comfortable. Prices are a bit high, but not bad.. :-)

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had to stay at Motel 6 on Watervliet Ave for about 2 weeks. No we are not social services. But I think they are there. The front desk staff is ok. The best were Patrick and Linda Rose.. There are definetly drug dealers all around there. Their clients come in all the time. For the two weeks we stayed I was offered crack, coke and heroin.. No thanks.. Our bill was a tad over a grand for 2 weeks. And we had no microwave or fridge. And the office staff lock themselves behind glass at 10pm. Sure leave us to fend for ourselves against the hookers and drug dealers. Nice. This place needs to not take every person that walks in. The good customers
Will go elsewhere. So I dont suggest this place. Not at all....

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Bearswife93
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here when I went to meet my new in-laws after Melody and I got married. I give the location two stars because the manager was receptive to my concerns, as noted below.

On the second night, a strong odor of marijuana was in the hallway of the hotel; the desk clerk had no idea and was horrified when I told him of that odor, and the manager came out and was very concerned with my statement about the marijuana odor.

The major issue happened on the 4th (and last) night of our stay. At approximately 1:30 AM, a VIOLENT domestic disturbance had occurred on the floor, with objects being thrown about, and lots of yelling and vulgarities being screamed. A call to the front desk did not help; I ended up calling 911 from the room phone, advising the Albany Police Department of the situation; they responded, lights and sirens, with five officers, who started banging on the offenders room door. Several people were removed from the hotel, including one highly intoxicated person, who was so intoxicated, he fell over and nearly fell into the pond adjacent to the property while being interviewed by the Albany Police. In the morning, I spoke with the manager again, who gave me a one-night's stay at any Motel 6 property, and stated he was the new manager, and was trying to clean up the property from the previous management, who allowed all sorts of people to rent rooms there.

Even though the new management is attempting to clean up the property, you may want to find alternative lodging. The only good thing about this location is that its approximately 30 seconds from I-90's off and on ramps.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple