“Some of their food is great, while others are just good”
Review of Kinnaree

Kinnaree
Ranked #151 of 698 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I've eaten here twice. Both times were tasty, with slightly disjointed service. I like the flavors and appreciate the convenience. Prices are middle of the road and portions are good. In all, it's one of the few such places I frequent.

2  Thank Upperny

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We both enjoyed our meal. We had the vegetarian spring rolls to start, then the chicken red curry and the massaman beef currry. Delicious. We will definitely go back. They offer a 3 course prix fix for $25 and a 4 course prix fix for only $30. That's what we will do next time to try more of the menu. The service is excellent, but the parking is on the street. The interior is quite soothing. We recommend this place.

2  Thank CoralBlue49
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I've been eating here on a weekly basis for lunch for about a year. It is certainly some of the best Asian food in Albany. Two favorites are Ginger/Basil and Cashew/Nut Chicken. I've brought several friends here and they've all liked it. The food is not heavily spiced (the "hot" notations on the menu are a bit comical). They only seem to have one CD of Thai elevator music which is a bit tiring. Also, avoid Kinnaree if it's 80 degrees or warmer outside - it really gets to be an oven inside due to totally inadequate air conditioning.

2  Thank Barry G
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I consider myself somewhat of a connoisseur of Thai food. There used to be a place in Albany (Minos Sushi Thai) which served excellent Thai food and was the only place we would eat - it closed. When Minos closed, we stopped eating Thai food. We came to our first visit to Kinnaree expecting to be disappointed, as is usually the case with the Thai food in the Albany area.

My first time strategy is to order all the signature dishes which to me are: tom yum goong; spicy beef salad; chicken pad see ewe and kee mao; beef penang; whole fried fish in spicy radprik sauce. (I'm not the run of the mill pad thai kind of guy.)

Top notch on all accounts!

And then we got suspicious. The see ewe had the same taste that Mino's used to have, and none of the othere restaurants in the area can reproduce it; there were items on the menu (soft shell crab and whole fish) that Mino's used to have and you don't usually find. So we got to talking to the staff. Same owner and chef from the old Mino's. What a relief: Mino's used to be a weekly staple for us because of its consistent, good taste, and so we could expect the same from Kinnaree.

2  Thank memeEye
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Pleasant. That’s the word that best describes this place for us. The service, food preparation, and atmosphere: pleasant. We’ve lunched her several times and tried a variety of the appetizers and lunch items: all have been flavorful and pretty to look at. Even the Mee Krob was tossed in an artful manner. The green curry stir fry was well arranged. The chef clearly takes pride in the visual appearance of each dish, in addition to how it tastes. We prefer the Thai options to the Bento [which we’ve also tried], although the Bento was good too. Service was friendly and relaxed, consistent with the atmosphere of the restaurant.

We’re surprised it isn’t busier at lunch time, as their prices are quite reasonable. Although, there’s a bunch of other lunch options nearby, and trying to find parking is a slight hassle (we had to park several blocks away, albeit that isn’t the fault of the restaurant).

I believe the Times Union gave this place a glowing review, and it’s well deserved. We look forward to many more visits!

2  Thank IT-Expert

Been to Kinnaree? Share your experiences!