“Good Greek Diner”

Capital City Diner
Ranked #56 of 683 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: American, Diner, Greek
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Seattle, Washington
“Good Greek Diner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We were driving from Vermont to New York and stopped here for lunch. It was very clean and the people were so friendly. I had a BLT with the most tasty fries and cole slaw. My husband had a souvlaki and loved it. Such friendly staff and tasty food.

• Visited July 2013

Southern Adirondacks
“A Favorite for After the Movies”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

My daughter calls this the "Shiny Dinner" because of it's appearance. A favorite for us after or before the movies at Crossgates, the side road leads to the parking area near the movies. Good diner food, very clean and attentive wait staff.

Albany, New York
“Good food and variety”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Have eaten here 3x and every meal has been great. The matzoh ball soup on Sundays is wonderful! The prices are not bad and during the week they have great lunch specials, the last time I had lamb shanks, fantastic!

• Visited June 2013
“good diner food...3 1/2 stars!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

This diner is a fav of a friend of mine..so this is the third trip here inthe past few months. I'm not fan of diners. I often feel like too many parts of the meal are from prepacked mixtures.
I ordered the turkey burger with sweet potato fries. Companions ordered everything from roast pork to sole. The menu was large and included a childrens menu, senior citizen menu and daily specials.
My burger arrived on a tasty sourdough bun that was good enough I could have eaten it by itself.Fries were mildly crispy onthe outside and soft on the inside.Coleslaw was passable.
Companions dishes were large and most had portions to bring home.
The wait staff was both attentative and funny. We were surrounded by a full restaurant...ranging from senior citizens to single adults to young families.
It was an easy relaxed outing. I understand why my friend likes to eat here.

1 Thank tomtdn
Vermont
“Not special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

At dinner at Capital City Diner, we ordered gyros (which turned out to be fine) and the pork chop special, which was so salty as to be inedible. Must be the cook doesn't taste the food. Sent it back (first time I ever actually did that!) and ordered chicken parmesan instead. That was acceptable, though not great. Huge portion - I ate my fill, then brought the rest home and two of us had it for dinner the next day. And we're not bird-like eaters.
Overall, the diner is indeed classic, prices modest, service good, and some things are fine. But overall it is not exceptionally good.

• Visited May 2013