“Go to place for risotto for lunch!”
Review of Risotto

Risotto
Ranked #50 of 691 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I had the Chicken Philly Risotto & thoroughly enjoyed it. My sister ordered the gorgonzola bowl with chicken. As the menu described this salad as coming with iceberg lettuce, she asked whether mesclun greens could be substituted. They were definitely accomodating. Also, when she asked for some bread, after a little bit of a wait, they brought over some nicely seasoned & toasted pita sections. I'm giving this restaurant a 4 star rating, only because, while her salad was delicious, it could have been a bit larger with more greens in it. When I'd had lunch here previously, they offered some nice flatbread selections, suitable for lunch with a salad. We'd ordered one that was like a gourmet pizza & shared it as an appetizer. I would have ordered it again but it was no longer on the lunch menu. I see online though that they still offer some flatbread selections under their brunch menu. Lastly, nice atmosphere & beautiful restroom too!

1  Thank fba5
There are newer reviews for Risotto

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I enjoy Tapas and trying many different selections. Risotto has a nice selection of small plates and a good number of entrees. On our first trip we had the Mushroom Napoleon (Excellent) and the Gorgonzola Bowl Gorgonzola Bowl (very tasty and super fresh). Split the entrée of Sweet Corn Scallop Risotto which was good but not a knockout. Going back to try some of the other Tapas items which look delicious. Still some bugs to work out with service but overall very good.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Grabbed dinner with a few friends after work and we will defiently be going back again. We ordered different tapas they were all great. Can't wait to go back and try more. The service was fast and the friendly waiter was attentive without being annoying. Price was very reasonable for the quality of food and portion size. Highly recommend.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

My first time dinning here. Don't be turned ott with the strip mall setting. Nice, neat and comfortable interior. Bistro feel. No Tap Beer and limited wine selection. As you might expect the risotto is the star here. I chose surf and turf risotto.The Steak was a 6 -a little tough and not very flavourful. The seafood risotto that came with it was a 9. Stunning companion was much smarter and chose the seafood risotto. She thought it was outstanding. Service was friendly but waitstaff was very young and not well trained. My waitress did not understand when I asked if the menu was a la carte and was halfway sitting on the table next to us as she took our order. Did not really interfer with dinner but a little training would go along way. There are better resteraunts of this type in the area (Garlic Lovers in Troy) but Risotto in worth a try.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Always a winner. Enjoy making a full meal of the appetizers which included crab cakes to die for, lamb kibbeh (which are somewhat like meatballs made with bulghur) and the three spreads with pita. Topped off with a bottle of reasonably priced pinot noir and hubby and I had a wonderful meal at a very reasonable price. The service is always spot-on and the atmosphere is young and friendly!

Been to Risotto? Share your experiences!