“Good Stop After Movie”
Review of J & A Prep Kitchen - CLOSED

J & A Prep Kitchen
Cuisines: American, Italian
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Talk about convenience! Before or after you see a movie, stop at J & A for a good meal. There are many choices - burgers, salads, tacos, wraps. The food is consistently good and arrives promptly. Some servers are better than others (ours seemed like she was anxious to get home already), but the food is better quality than most Mall restaurants. The bar is busy and we didn't need to wait for a table when we exited the movies after 9. The chicken taco was tasty. Good reviews on the turkey reuben, chicken wrap, and fish tacos. Give it a try. It's a pleasure to have a good restaurant so close to the theater.

There are newer reviews for J & A Prep Kitchen

Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Food was average nothing special for the prices they charge. Wait staff was very good but the value just wasn't there.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

My wife and I stopped in here, for the first time on 10-19-2012. We started with the Bar Munchies of Mac and Cheese Fried Bites, Roasted Red Pepper and Artichoke Hummus,and Eggplant Fries. Other then the hummus the other two came with two different dipping sauces which fit perfectly and where yummy. We both enjoyed all three, I thought the mac and cheese bites where the best. My wife got the PK Club and I got the Buffalo Chicken wrap. Both where very good and filling we both brought some home for later. We both agreed that we would go back.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

After back-to-school shopping with my daughter, we were pleased to see that this restaurant was still in existance after remembering an awesome meal there during our last trip to Albany. We were NOT disappointed. They have what could very well be the best calamari either of us has ever had... the eggplant stack is phenomenal and my daughter had a delicious chipolte burger..we both were thrilled that it was exactly as we remebered... nice server and food I'd drive 2 hours for again...and again....

Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

My wife and have been to j&a several times, and never been disappointed. We had liked it when it was Houlihan's, and so went to try it as the new place. It had only been open a few days when we went, and we ended up waiting a long time for the food. We were only beginning to notice that when the manager came by and said our whole meal was on the house because we had to wait so long. No problem there. The food came, and it was great. We've been there about 7 times in the past year, and always great. My wife has only had the eggplant stack and the fish tacos, always very good. I've had a bunch of things, all also very good. The staff shows up when they're supposed to, and the pours from the bar are very generous. The ambiance is still a little tgifridays, but the food and service overshadow that. For the area, it ranks in the top 5 of sit down restaurants for this price level. And you can go to the movies cheap if you buy your tickets from them!