“very uneven”

Cuisines: American
Albany, New York
“very uneven”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

At 5pm, about half full with after work folks, while the water arrived promptly it took fully 14 minutes for a glass of wine, cup of tea to arrive. Fourteen minutes. That is astounding. While conversing, a waiter brought dinner to the next table over, which was sent back to the kitchen: I could smell the sharp stink of spoiled fish which the cook had tried to cover over with spices. Yuck. On the other hand, the wine and tea were ok, and on the way out, we passed the grill where scallops were being seared: smelled great.
Moral of the story - this is a very uneven restaurant. Slow service, and your food might be good, or might be very bad.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank UsuallyEasyTPlease

Rensselaer, NY
“Ok, but not great”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

It seemed like this would be a great place to have dinner with friends, but we were underwhelmed. The food was pretty good, not amazing, but it was overpriced for what it was. The service was the most frustrating. We felt like the waitress lacked very basic service skills; empty glasses waiting to be filled with more beverages, no check in on how we're doing/if we need anything, and a table FULL of empty dishes/glasses. I felt like we were ignored the entire time. Such a shame because it is a cute spot.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Annemarie B
sf
“Best Lunch”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

First time -- lunch was outstanding. If you have the chance (and they offer it) get the chicken/orange sandwich. Superb! Portobello sandwich was excellent as well. Nice place,well designed (architect owner), subtle and pleasant ambiance.

Visited October 2012
New York City, New York
“Not as good as it once was”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Things seem to have gone downhill at this restaurant since my last visit. I was there with one other person for dessert recently. After we were seated, we were completely forgotten by the waiter for about 20 minutes, until my friend got up and looked for him. The menu that he brought us was a tiny slip of paper, with very few choices. Also there were no prices posted next to the desserts. The waiter eventually came back and took our order, and when it finally came, we had to request silverware and napkins. I was never even given a chance to ask for sugar for our coffee. The desserts were both ok, not great, and not really worth what they cost. It's too bad---I used to enjoy going there for dessert or a light meal. I don't think I'll go back.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Judith S
Albany, New York, United States
“Have never had a good experience here”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I gave this place a few tries but last time was told "your not going to eat are you" than if you want drinks we were told to get them from the bar ourselves. The food has been okay, never great and the menu never changes. The resteraunt is beautiful and great location but poor food, poor service, and lack of common politeness puts this rating low

Visited May 2012