“Old and nice”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Old and nice”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was our first visit to the palace theatre and it wont be the last. Nice old theatre, has bee renovated a couple years ago but kept it's warmt and charm. We were at the balcony and we had a great view. We were there for Joe Bonamassa's show. The sound was great and clean. Confortable place, I have nothing negative to say, it was just a great evening.

Visited May 2013

VALATIE
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Scotty McCreery Rocked the house”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I took my granddaughter 7 y/o to her first real concert. She felt like a rock star! Staff is so helpful and every seat in the house is wonderful!

Visited April 2013
Albany, New York
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Rat Pack event”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

The Palace had a fund raising event with the Rat Pack show. With the usual friendly atmosphere that the Palace staff have, the event was a big success. There is such an appreciation for the beauty and history of the Palace, many people are committed to maintaining the building and continuing renovation. The Palace rivals any theater house in NYC that I have been to.
The availability of parking and restaurants near by completes the night for any event there.
It is truly a treasure for the city of Albany.

Visited May 2013
Latham, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Historically Beautiful”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I put Dec., 2012 as my last visit, but I can't really remember the last time we were there. I can say that the Palace is a great venue for seeing shows. I live in Latham, but it's a hop, skip & a jump to downtown Albany and I just love the inside of the building. The seating is great (I just love the balcony!) and we always have a good time there. It's great that there are so many restaurants within walking distance too. If I had one gripe, it'd be the parking. But it's well worth it. I hope to see some fantastic shows there in the future.

Visited December 2012
Albany, New York
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Room to Move and Great Architecture”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This building, like many buildings in Albany, has architectural character. It's attractive inside, and outside.

I've been to other "old movie house"-like buildings, and this is one that I prefer. The Tarrytown Music Hall is VERY cramped, and for that reason alone, I don't think I'd go back; you're literally as close as, if not closer, to your neighbor than your neighbor on an airplane.

The place has more room to breathe, and reminds me of the Bardavon in Poughkeepsie, but it's bigger. I've seen standup comics here and reruns of old movies, so I can't say I know much about how good the acoustics are for music, but I wouldn't hesitate to try it out!

Visited January 2013