“Historically Beautiful”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Historically Beautiful”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I put Dec., 2012 as my last visit, but I can't really remember the last time we were there. I can say that the Palace is a great venue for seeing shows. I live in Latham, but it's a hop, skip & a jump to downtown Albany and I just love the inside of the building. The seating is great (I just love the balcony!) and we always have a good time there. It's great that there are so many restaurants within walking distance too. If I had one gripe, it'd be the parking. But it's well worth it. I hope to see some fantastic shows there in the future.

Visited December 2012

Albany, New York
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Room to Move and Great Architecture”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This building, like many buildings in Albany, has architectural character. It's attractive inside, and outside.

I've been to other "old movie house"-like buildings, and this is one that I prefer. The Tarrytown Music Hall is VERY cramped, and for that reason alone, I don't think I'd go back; you're literally as close as, if not closer, to your neighbor than your neighbor on an airplane.

The place has more room to breathe, and reminds me of the Bardavon in Poughkeepsie, but it's bigger. I've seen standup comics here and reruns of old movies, so I can't say I know much about how good the acoustics are for music, but I wouldn't hesitate to try it out!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank GBlue
east coast
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Always good”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Very very few bad seats, somehow i usually end up in the lower front right but it's intimate enough that it's fun and close up. Reasonably uncrowded and friendly. Beer and wine in lobby. Lots of parking nearby. I've seen rock through oldies there and it's usually at a reasonable ticket price.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank eastcoastsquirrel
142 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 248 helpful votes
“What a neat old building........”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I only got to see it from the outside, but I was impressed. I went to the ticket office and asked if tours are ever given and was told they are not. Hopefully, someday I will be able to go inside for a show and look around.

Visited March 2013
Massena, New York
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 138 helpful votes
“AMAZING ACOUSTICS”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We went here Friday night to see the Lewis Black comedy show. The theater is beautiful inside and out. It does not look that big from the front but its surprisingly large when your inside. We were on the bacony in the second row and could here everything like we were 10 ft away. We are from out of town but it looks like they plan a lot of events there. How lucky for the locals!

Visited March 2013