“Huge condo like rooms!”

Ranked #22 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Huge condo like rooms!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The rooms are huge and are more like condos than hotel rooms. Very clean and comfortable. Make sure you book a non-smoking room because they have smoking rooms. I never smelled smoke in the area. The front desk person was one of the friendliest I have encountered. The only negative is there are no restaurants or bars within walking distance. The closest is a 10 minute drive. There is a small outdoor pool that looked really nice but we did not use it. The breakfast was really good with a lot of choices. I would recommend this hotel for just about anyone.

Room Tip: Pick no smoking if you don't smoke.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cresthill, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Albany, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay here at CrestHill. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the hotel and that our staff took good care of you. We hope that you choose us if your travels bring you back to Albany.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are clean and very spacious. Very convenient if you are doing a campus tour to the U of Albany - just across the street. Staff are very friendly. Very comfortable for family of 4. Double beds are generous and a nice sofa bed. Bang for the buck - probably better than holiday inn, especially if you can get a deal from one of the travel websites.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cresthill, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Albany, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
We are happy you enjoyed your stay in our suite with 2 queen beds. They are very spacious and allow for guest to be comfortable in their rooms. We are right across the street from the University of Albany so it is within walking distance for those that may not have a vehicle. If your family member attends school there we hope to see you in your future visits to the college.
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Needed a dog friendly hotel with an outdoor pool in the Albany area and the one I usually stay in was booked. Read a lot of conflicting reviews of this property but decided to book anyway.
Starting with the minuses. Heavy vintage metal loungers (only 2)/chairs/tables in the pool area. They get very hot in the sun, are difficult to move and there is no shade in the pool area. You'd almost think that by making it inhospitable on a hot day, they didn't want anyone using the pool .
The shade issue is the same for dog walking. No shade/no poop bags or bins on the grass side.
Breakfast. Better to have good eggs than nuked pancakes and French toast and terrible coffee.
Although appreciated the gesture of weeknight light dinner it was very "kid oriented"
and no one drinks bud or eats iceberg lettuce anymore. Very school cafeteria in presentation.
Toiletries. Again, no one uses 2 in one shampoo. No moisturizer.
The room. Get rid of those fake plants. They just attract dust and take of space.
Now the plusses. Very big, clean room with well equipped kitchen, paper towels, dishwasher, comfy bed with lots of good pillows, icemaker in fridge, tub and shower in bathroom, better than usual cable channels, good coffee provided.
My dog loved the couch. My room was right near an exit, making dog walking easy,
and there as enough grass and small paths for her to get a little exercise.
It took a day to coordinate the cleaners with my being out with the pooch to clean but once organized it was done the same time I 'd requested. They were also very accommodating with anything I needed.
As I said before the nightly light dinner was a nice touch an ironically the best part was the wine which was much better than expected. I'd like to see them upgrade to something more sophisticated like a wine tasting with munchies for grownups.
They were very cooperative about giving us early check in since I had the pooch and my husband had to drop us off early and go to work.
The little store would have been helpful had we forgotten something and the receptionist made great cookies.
I was there from Wednesday to Sunday and if the weather had been rainy being in our room would have been okay since it was like having a little apartment.
We had a smoking room and its nice not to have to go outside to do it.
Aside from minor issues I'd recommend this hotel especially if you travel with pets and /or kids.

Room Tip: There are smoking rooms and if you don't ask for one far away from them.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stayed one night with family of four in a double queen suite. Rooms are large, updated. Beds are comfortable. Rooms are quiet. Full size washer/dryer for every floor @ no charge! Plug in Albany University on your GPS, as this street is right in front. Our GPS sent us downtown? Would stay here again. Good area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from traffic noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed at the Cresthill Suites for 3 nights because of a class at SUNY Albany. I would not recommend it, especially to non-smokers. The hotel is a smoking hotel and it certainly smelled like it! There were often people smoking right outside of the main exit doors. Some of my other complaints are that the king suite is very outdated. There were several fake plants in the room that were very dirty. The popcorn ceiling in the room was dirty. The cleaning staff was not very good. There were dirty towels from previous occupants still hanging on the door when I checked in. I was out of the room from 7:45am until 4:00pm each day and two days when I returned at 4pm, my room still hadn't been cleaned. They DO NOT give you shampoo so be sure to bring your own. I was able get a few mini bottles from the front desk though. The first day that my room was cleaned, the cleaning staff took the coffee pot and never returned it so I had to get coffee from the lobby every morning. It was very cold in the room so I attempted to adjust the heater and as soon as I touched it, the entire front panel fell off. A few of the positives for the hotel - the wifi is very fast and free. They do offer a free breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, english muffins, yogurt, coffee and juice. They did have a small cup of cut-up fruit but I would have prefered an apple or a banana. It was ok, but not great. Also, during the week, they have 'social hour' in the lobby where they have free dinner. The three nights that I was there they had hamburgers and hotdogs, fish patties and french fries, and english muffin pizzas. They also serve beer and soda. It was free but it wasn't any better quality than an elementary cafeteria. It was a great location to SUNY Albany, it was right across the road. But, this hotel is right in the middle of other hotels, I was often wishing I would have chosen one of the neighboring ones.

Room Tip: Bring your own shampoo, they don't give you any.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank staciarae
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here for one night on a road trip from upstate NY back to Boston. It was conveniently located off of I87/90. The rooms were decently sized with a sitting area and a small pull-out sofa, which we used for my son. Since we didn't spend much time there, our main concern was cleanliness - it was quite clean besides some staining on the sofa cushions. Would have liked extra bedding in the room for the pull-out. Didn't make it to breakfast in time, but they seemed to have a pretty good variety.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is a very good hotel in the very best part of town near the University. The suites are large and really clean, one of the cleanest rooms I have ever had. You can use the nearly full kitchen to prepare your own meals but free breakfast is included. Its less than 10 minutes from the Capitol and about the same distance to the Albany Art Museum. There is plenty of free parking with lots of spaces. There is a smaller outdoor pool that was never busy when we were there(in a heatwave) and even a Bar-B-Que for guest use on the deck by the pool. The wireless inroom internet is free and very fast. The business center includes a printer if you need to print your boarding pass. We got a very good rate for what they offer from a hotel discounter but when we got there found you could get the same rate from the hotel directly. If you're ever in Albany this is a great place to stay. If you're just driving past the hotel is just 3 minutes off the Interstate.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a nice tranquil view of the University parkland.