“Nice clean place”

CrestHill Suites Albany
Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Stayed here for one night as a stop over before taking the train to New York city. Location was good as it was close to shopping, room was clean, had a full kitchen which would have been great if we were staying longer. If I had to pick one thing on the down side it would be the pool was rather small, yet OK for a quick dip to cool off.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Cresthill is reasonably priced for the area and the suites are really big and comfortable. It's literally across the street from Suny Albany -- and they upgraded me to a 2-room bedroom suite even tho I was travelling alone. The weekday evening "reception" was a nice idea (free beer/wine and a "light meal"). The outdoor pool is very small and no hottub/whirlpool. The fitness center was very hot and had only 1 elliptical and 2 treadsmills, one of which was broken. I tried the hot breakfast -- again a nice idea -- but the french toast/bacon were inedible so I pitched them and had the contintenal offerings, which were fine. I would give it more like a 3.5 if possible.

Room Tip: I was on the top (3rd) floor which means you have to wait for the one elevator -- but the rooms had...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We booked the hotel through a discount site, so review is based with that in mind.
CONs: fold-out sofa mattress was very thin, okay for a kid, but not adult; second floor is mixed non- and smoking rooms so hallway (but not room) smelled of smoke; breakfast offerings were basic (no yogurt, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, or fresh fruit); at breakfast an employee made a big deal out of the fact that she forgot to wear gloves then piled all the bagels into the bin with her bare hands; entrance is hard to find at night and address was not in sync with our GPS.
PROs: no noise issues despite hotel being completely booked; clean, good sized room; full kitchen with full powered microwave;clean pool/exercise rom; friendly, helpful staff; good value for price paid.
Yes, I would consider staying again. Would recommend if you need to be near SUNY Albany or are traveling with kids.

Room Tip: If you have issues with cigarette smoke odor, mention it when booking so that you can get the most a...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stay here several times a year.... Love it. Everyone is helpful... Everything is clean and well maintained. The only thing we miss is that there isn't a pool.... but other than that We love it. I have mentioned it to friends of mine who now go there whenever they go to Syracuse. I have stayed in both the 2 bedroom suite and the studio... they were both great. I go down with my sisters twice a year and then take my retired friends once a year... they also think it is great. The Breakfast is always good.

I suggest that you try it.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2012

When we arrived there the gentleman at the front was extremely helpful with our baggage. He was most helpful in giving us information about the surrounding area Relevant areas including relevant shopping districts. For the price, I couldn't ask for more! Would stay there again.The cleaning staff was particularly helpful in providing extra towels etc. the heating system was a little bit unreliable but the room was comfortable..

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We have stayed at this property several times when shopping in Syracuse or Waterloo. We are always made to feel welcome and the extra perks of breakfast and/or weeknight early supper treats are always appreciated. Handy to have laundry facilities on property too.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2012

My husband and I use this hotel whenever we go to Syracuse for shopping trips to the outlet stores. Our room had a separate lounge area so the television didn't disturb sleep and it also has a kitchenette. The hotel has a pool area, exercise room and self-service laundry facilities. There is a continental breakfast provided each morning. It has everything you need for your stay. It's also conveniently located just off the highway which was perfect for our purposes. It had easy access to wherever we needed to go while we were there. We've stayed at similar hotels with the services of this hotel and while they matched price, the quality wasn't there. For what you pay, it exceeded our expectations and we'll continue to stay there on our semi-annual trips to Syracuse.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple