“Good value-mixed reviews”

Ranked #23 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Dallas, Texas
“Good value-mixed reviews”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We booked the hotel through a discount site, so review is based with that in mind.
CONs: fold-out sofa mattress was very thin, okay for a kid, but not adult; second floor is mixed non- and smoking rooms so hallway (but not room) smelled of smoke; breakfast offerings were basic (no yogurt, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, or fresh fruit); at breakfast an employee made a big deal out of the fact that she forgot to wear gloves then piled all the bagels into the bin with her bare hands; entrance is hard to find at night and address was not in sync with our GPS.
PROs: no noise issues despite hotel being completely booked; clean, good sized room; full kitchen with full powered microwave;clean pool/exercise rom; friendly, helpful staff; good value for price paid.
Yes, I would consider staying again. Would recommend if you need to be near SUNY Albany or are traveling with kids.

Room Tip: If you have issues with cigarette smoke odor, mention it when booking so that you can get the most a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Korean first
Greely
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stay here several times a year.... Love it. Everyone is helpful... Everything is clean and well maintained. The only thing we miss is that there isn't a pool.... but other than that We love it. I have mentioned it to friends of mine who now go there whenever they go to Syracuse. I have stayed in both the 2 bedroom suite and the studio... they were both great. I go down with my sisters twice a year and then take my retired friends once a year... they also think it is great. The Breakfast is always good.

I suggest that you try it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed July 28, 2012

When we arrived there the gentleman at the front was extremely helpful with our baggage. He was most helpful in giving us information about the surrounding area Relevant areas including relevant shopping districts. For the price, I couldn't ask for more! Would stay there again.The cleaning staff was particularly helpful in providing extra towels etc. the heating system was a little bit unreliable but the room was comfortable..

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Canada
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We have stayed at this property several times when shopping in Syracuse or Waterloo. We are always made to feel welcome and the extra perks of breakfast and/or weeknight early supper treats are always appreciated. Handy to have laundry facilities on property too.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 27, 2012

My husband and I use this hotel whenever we go to Syracuse for shopping trips to the outlet stores. Our room had a separate lounge area so the television didn't disturb sleep and it also has a kitchenette. The hotel has a pool area, exercise room and self-service laundry facilities. There is a continental breakfast provided each morning. It has everything you need for your stay. It's also conveniently located just off the highway which was perfect for our purposes. It had easy access to wherever we needed to go while we were there. We've stayed at similar hotels with the services of this hotel and while they matched price, the quality wasn't there. For what you pay, it exceeded our expectations and we'll continue to stay there on our semi-annual trips to Syracuse.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I would like to thank the staff for making my stay very comfortable. I enjoyed Barbara's breakfast every morning. I looked forward to coming back to the hotel to see a very clean room (nice touch with the towels resembling animals). The quick service by maintenance when I had issues with my toilet and A/C (excellent job). The people at the front desk were so kind and hospitable. Last but not least, my chef (Dominic) who always made sure that I had enough to eat. Even when I was late at times, he would fix me up a meal (NOW THATS CUSTOMER SERVICE)....Thank you all! Mike D. room 200. Will miss everyone!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 17, 2012

The staff here were extremely pleasant and helpful, from the desk clerks to the manager, to the housekeeping staff. All went much better than expected and I have no complaints. My wife and I stayed here for one night and enjoyed the social hour cocktails and food along with a very good breakfast the next morning. Did I mention these were all complimentary? The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet and clean. We love the hotel's proximity to UAlbany and will visit often for the next four years!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family