“Convenient and Accomodating”

Ranked #22 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Baltimore, Maryland
“Convenient and Accomodating”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I stayed here three nights for a business trip, the room was comfortable, clean, spacious. The location is right across the street from University of New York at Albany, a great place to go for a morning run. A group of us met here to work and used the hotel board room while we were there, perfect for a small group of 5-6. The complimentary social hour was a nice perk, and our social hour host Dominic treated our group like we were his own personal guests. He was the best. The only detraction here is that even though I had a non-smoking room, I was still getting a smoke smell in my toom at times.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Korean first
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Near SUNY Albany, close to the highway. Comfortable beds, adequate breakfast. Kitchenette. Good size rooms, which were quiet. Would stay there again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Cresthill, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Albany, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you back the next time your travels bring you to the Albany area!
Houston
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I decided to stay at Cresthill Suites primarily because of the price but this hotel offers other things. First off, I like the ability to cook in the kitchen instead of going out if I want to. It has everything you need including pots, pans, kitchenware and this makes things so easy. Second, I like that they have a morning breakfast, full use of laundry services at no charge, a business center if you need it, and a social hour which my family and I took full advantage of. This hotel is not the Plaza but it is a clean hotel with a great staff and as I said before it comes at an affordable price. It is located on a main road and close to everything you could need. I will highly recommend this hotel not only for its valuables but its intangibles. This is the letter I wrote the management team based on my recent stay.

March 27th, 2012

To the Management of CrestHill Suites:

My name is David and I live in Houston, Texas. I wouldn’t normally write to a hotel but I felt that our experience needed to be shared with your management team. I am not a corporate executive nor am I a card-carrying frequent stay customer. What I am is a average guy looking for a great hotel with accommodating amenities at a great price. I found that in your hotel when I was in Albany two weeks ago with my family visiting relatives. Your staff made my family and I feel like we were the most important guests staying at the hotel. Although no hotel will be as good as being home, your staff made sure that the comforts of home were there when we walked through the lobby doors each day.

I wanted to take a moment and point out a few of the people that made our stay a pleasant one. I am sure that people write you to complain when things go wrong or if they feel they have received bad service so I hope you will likewise appreciate and recognize those who go beyond the call of duty in ensuring the highest level of service to their visiting guests.

Tony – the front desk person – Our flight to Albany had an emergency landing in Monroe, LA due to engine issues. As a result, we were delayed Twenty-Six hours which caused us to arrive in Albany the following night . Our reservations had us booked for a week and I was concerned about paying for the night that we were stuck in Monroe. We finally arrived in Albany and it was there that I met Tony. He was sympathetic to our airplane nightmare and ensured that we would not be charged for the night’s stay since this was an emergency situation that was out of our control. He was able to set up all the arrangements for our remaining time in Albany. There was a tournament in town and he had to move things around to accommodate us. Tony made a bad start to a vacation palatable and allowed us to enjoy the rest of the week in Albany.

Barbara – Breakfast Lady – I can’t begin to tell you how often I have stayed at a hotel where the breakfast is terrible and the person running the area seemed to hate their job. I had the pleasure of having 6 morning breakfasts with Barbara. Every morning, she was there with a smile and a energy level that people half her age do not possess. She ensured that the eating area was clean and that the food areas were stocked with the morning selections. She always asked how I was doing and maybe a small word about the weather or a day’s events. It is the little things that people do that people remember.

Matthew – Evening desk person- Talk about customer service. I called down to Matthew one evening to see if he could help me with a situation. I had my in-laws coming to the hotel and we had brought with us a DVD of my daughter’s graduation. I asked Matthew if the hotel had a DVD player that I could borrow for several hours. He informed us that there were 4 but that they had been checked out. He made a secondary check to see if he could find any others. After a while he informed us that they were all in use but that he had checked with his boss and was given permission to go to the local Best Buy and purchase several DVD players to backfill the shortage of DVD players at the hotel. He personally had the maintenance man install the DVD player in our room and saved the day with my in-laws. He also followed up to ensure that we were satisfied. This kind of service is unheard of in today’s environment and I cannot begin to tell you how impressed and grateful we were for him going beyond the call of duty.

Dominic- Social hour coordinator/chef – I couldn’t end this letter without talking about Dominic. This guy has one of the best attitudes of anyone I have ever met. First off, I love the fact that the hotel throws a social hour during the week. We found ourselves rushing back to the hotel just to enjoy the light snack and beverages and it was there that we met Dominic. This guy went out of the way to stop at every table and see if everyone was enjoying the food he had prepared. He inquired about what they liked, what they didn’t, he brought samples to each person and really took the time to talk to the guest. I told him that I was looking for a pizza place and he hooked me up to one of his favorite places and told me to tell them that he had sent me to them so to ensure that I got great service. When we arrived each night, he would ask about our day and tell us what he was making and to be honest with you, his food was some of the best food we had on the trip. My only regret is that the social hour wasn’t 7 days a week. I know I am rambling on about things here but I am in the customer service business and it really caught my attention on how great of a staff you have working for your establishment.

I want to thank you again for providing a wonderful stay in Albany. Everyone above could just do their job but as you can see, they chose to do it better than anyone else. I am hoping that you will share this letter with them so they will know that the service that they provide is something that is recognized and appreciated. I try to visit Albany every 8 months or so and I am hoping that our paths will cross again soon.

Room Tip: try to avoid getting rooms near the elevator or laundry room, you may hear traffic otherwise...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Cresthill, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Albany, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels take you to Albany!
Reviewed February 4, 2012

The place is spacious as compared to some of the other rooms I stayed in the other states with a small equipped kitchen. Although the pots and pans were not in good condition and the worn coating did not look safe for use. The sofa was a little damaged and quite dirty. It's mostly hidden cos of the dull green color of the cushion. Furniture wise is not the most modern around but overall it was still acceptable and pleasant. The house keeping service is not the most perfect with a few days, there was no service provided. The hotel staff had to knock on everyone's door to check if it was done. The breakfast was very simple with the least options (in my opinion) as compared to the other similar hotels around the area. I can get waffles, pancakes, yoghurt, better selection of cereals or cooked oats at the hotels that I had been to so far.

It is pleasant but not a place I will come back for my long-term stays.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Lyn L
Cresthill, General Manager at CrestHill Suites Albany, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We have had many renovations in the past year including new beds and bedding packages in our rooms, new bathrooms and a brand new lobby and meeting room. Some of our sofas and carpets are next on the list!
We do enter each room after a housekeeping attendant cleans it as we want to be sure all guest rooms are cleaned to standard. This is part of our everyday procdure!
Thank you for choosing the CrestHill Suites.
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. The hotel is modern, clean, well maintained, and is generally a great place to be. The rooms are spacious with the suites offering everything you'd expect, but including really "nice to haves" such as ice makers and dish washers.

Although close to a main road, the rooms were quiet and private. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

The hotel followed up the booking query and confirmation via e-mail promptly, including a follow-up survey afterwards. The e-mails had a very personal touch which is appreciated.

I'd definitely stay again, both for business and on vacation.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to post a review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again.
syracuse
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I recently stayed at the Cresthill for 4 days. The staff was very attentive and very personable. Loved the breakfast options too. Suite facilities were nice, enjoyed the ice maker in the freezer! Lots to do and easy access to the highway. Bed was very comfortable

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. We hope to see you again the next time you come to Albany.
Minneapolis
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I lived at Cresthill for a month. Suite with kitchen was perfect and staff met every request I had for additional cookware, tools, etc. The truly outstanding feature of this hotel, however, is the staff. Patient, helpful, accomodating and always ready to make the extra effort to meet any needs or requests. Can't thank them enough for all they did for me. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business