“A secret waiting to be revealed!”

Hudson Harbor Steak and Seafood
Ranked #388 of 687 Restaurants in Albany
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Plattsburg
“A secret waiting to be revealed!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

We have dined several times the past two years at Hudson Harbor. I have never been disappointed in the meals.

• Visited December 2012

Albany, NY
“Friendly staff, So-so food.”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Went here with my husband for my birthday celebration, which also happened to be during Restaurant Week. The limited menu didn't cause us any problems. We were both in the mood for beef! The silced sirloin was very tender and delicious. The sides were not up tp par. Sicled steak with bland, dry rice was not appealing. The rolls were dry and tasteless. Vegetables were a frozen mix; not tasty. Our dessert, pumpkin pie, was previously frozen and had a raw, soggy crust. The staff was friendly and the atmosphere is cozy, but the food is below average. We won't be returning.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank winewiththat
Albany, New York
“A hidden Gem in Albany”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Few people know about this place. I am one of the lucky few! I've been here 3 times over the past 5 years. It's nestled in by the SUNY "castle" buildings downtown. There's a small lot in the rear for parking. It's pretty vacant downtown at night and I think that's what keeps people away. When you walk in, the atmosphere is really warm and inviting. You can settle in to a booth and have a really romantic dinner. The portions are HUGE and the food is excellent. The seafood is cooked perfectly and full of flavor.
The service was so-so, but the nice thing was that the chef (the owner's son) brought us out our food. We felt like that was a really nice touch and were impressed.
The portion sizes were really impressive and the prices were as well. I'd recommend to any of you to head out and give it a try.
2 of the three times i went there it was nice and quiet and not busy at all (friday nights too).
The 3rd time was on Valentine's day and I would not recommend it because their holiday menu was pretty weak compared to their normal one. Also the service was really lacking as the waitress couldnt keep up with the demand!

• Visited February 2011
3 Thank Isaiah S
Indiana
“Holy AMAZING, Batman!”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We walked a couple of blocks from our hotel (74 State) past other restaurants because we were curious about whether we'd have an actual view of the harbor. Well, we didn't but we really didn't care. We got there around 6 or 6:30 and the place had just opened up. We were seated in a dining area by ourselves. The building used to be the ticket office for the harbor so it has a fantastic history. They have photos and paintings showing it throughout history. There are ship models all over and a general nautical theme. Quaint and cozy while still roomy.
The food was amazing. I'm not positive, but I believe our waiter was also the chef. The service was excellent regardless. Very polite, very attentive without being overbearing. The portions were big! I ate almost to the point of discomfort and it still looked like I'd hardly touched my plate! Definitely splitting a meal if I'm ever lucky enough to go back. When we were leaving to walk back to our hotel, it started raining. We got maybe 15 yards away and our waiter/chef came running out with an umbrella for us to take! It was the icing on the cake for us! Or, in this case, the whipped cream on top of the strawberry shortcake!

• Visited July 2011