“Wouldn't book again” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Portland, Maine
“Wouldn't book again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

We had our room changed 3 times in a 2 day period. This is something we have never, ever done before. The 1st room had water running in the tub that would not be stopped. The 2nd room's walls were so thin we could hear the people in the next room speaking and laughing loudly until at least 3:30 am and there was nothing the front desk could do to quiet them down. The 3rd room was fine but the bathroom sink would not hold water because the plug wasn't working. The walls were still thin but at least the motel neighbors to this room went to bed at a reasonable hour. The desk staff tried to make our stay comfortable but there is not much you can do with a poorly maintained facility. Updates and routine maintenance does not appear to be a priority. We would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Pay a little more at another motel and get quality furnishings and a good night's sleep.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites Albany, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
November 6, 2012

I contacted the guest and apologized for her disappointing stay. I also mentioned that our property will be undergoing a complete renovation during the latter part of 2013.

We have repaired the issues that Bridget pointed out. Bridget was very understanding. Hopefully, she will stay with us again the next time she is in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Howes Cave
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I had occasion to stay in this lovely hotel on Oct. 27th, 2012. I arrived late at night (11:30pm) after a long flight from the west coast. I was greeted enthusiastically by the lovely night clerk, and she immediately made me feel welcome! I booked the room weeks ahead, online, sight unseen and was very pleased! The room was absolutely beautiful, with every possible amenity, and it was immaculately clean. The beds were comfortable and the pillows were plentiful (and not the usual hotel flat/lumpy variety!) The free continental breakfast was the best I've ever encountered in a hotel. There was a good variety of food offered and everything was fresh and delicious, including the coffee! The eating area was lovely with flowers on the tables and it had plenty of tables and comfortable chairs! I enjoyed my stay and should the occasion arise again, I would not only stay there again - I'd look forward to returning! If you need a room in the Albany airport area - PICK THIS ONE!

Room Tip: The one I had was lovely, as I imagine they all are!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites Albany, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Sent following message to Janis C on 10-27-12

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

October 27, 2012

Dear Janis C.

We appreciate your very complimentary review regarding your October 27th stay at Travelodge Inn & Suites, Albany Airport. I do not think we could have written a better review ourselves. I shared your review with our entire team, including our Owner.

Thank you so much for taking the time to compliment our hotel and Shannon, the young lady who “greeted” you when you arrived. It is not often that guests make a point to recognize how our great staff made a difference and met your expectations. I know that the smile on Shannon’s face and the satisfaction of a job well done will boost her morale.

We all look forward to welcoming you during you next stay with us.
montreal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here overnight on our way to NYC. This hotel served its purpose but it is dated. The free breakfast was nothing to brag about but is ok to put something in your stomach before the drive. The front desk lady was very friendly upon check in. I would probably stay here again..

• Stayed October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites Albany, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
On October 23rd, I E-mailed the following response to Matteomontreal:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

October 23, 2012

Hi, “matteomontreal”

We appreciate your taking the time to write a TripAdvisor Review on October 22nd, regarding your stay at Travelodge Inn & Suites, Albany Airport.

The Owner and our entire staff were particularly pleased to read your comment stating that you would “probably stay again”.

Also, I wish to thank you for complimenting our Front Desk Staff member (Bonnye). It is not often that guests make a point to recognize how a member of our staff made a difference and met their expectations. I will make sure to share your comments with Bonnye. I know that the smile on her face and the satisfaction of a job well done will boost her morale!

I was concerned regarding your comments on the Bears Bites Breakfast. It should have included bananas, apples, oranges, English Muffins, banana muffins, blueberry muffins, cereal, juice, and coffee. We have added the New York Golden Waffles to our Continental Breakfast and I for one have found them to be "habit forming". The only answer I can think of is that you came to breakfast before our Breakfast Attendant had an opportunity to replenish some of the Breakfast foods.

We are planning on renovating our entire hotel during the fall of 2013.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Marilyn Seidner
Director - Guest Relations
Cocca's Hotels / Travelodge Inn & Suites
PHILADELPHIA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Motel was clean, staff friendly, efficient, and helpful. Room was clean and did not smell, bed was comfortable, shower good. Price was great and location near I87 perfect.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge