“better than excepted.”

Travelodge Inn and Suites Albany
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Sometimes what makes a hotel is the staff; that is the case at this facility. We stopped for one night only to break up our journey and was pleasantly surprised. I asked to see the room before it was booked, was pleasantly shown a room that was clean, comfortable and easy to access (something important when travelling with geriatric dogs). The room itself was no frills, but the bedding was clean, the bathroom clean with newer fixtures and furniture that appeared newer. The halls are far from updated. The best part was the friendlyness of the staff, willingness to accomodate and even offer honest opinions in regards to area restaurants. Will return to this location with our next trip.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites Albany, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

I sent the E-mail below to the guest.

September 8, 2012

Dear bijouxabby,

We appreciate your very complimentary review regarding your September stay at Travelodge Inn & Suites, Albany Airport. It is a great way to begin a work week. I do not think we could have written a better review ourselves.

Thank you so much for taking the time to compliment our staff. It is not often that guests make a point to recognize how our great staff made a difference and met your expectations. I will make sure to share your comments with our entire team, including our Owner. I know that the smile on their faces and the satisfaction of a job well done will boost their morale!

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We all look forward to welcoming you and your “Geriatric” dogs again.

Marilyn Seidner
Director - Guest Relations
Cocca's Hotels / Cocca’s Inn & Suites, Albany Airport
mar@coocas.com
518-785-6626, Ext. 174

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I am a Whydham rewards member, did not know this was a property, most asuredly want this stay to add to my points, because I am definitely planning to stay at this property more often.......this is an extarordinary hotel, staff very pleasant, rooms very clean, breakfast very filling and I love the location, right across from the mall and movie and great restaurants...be sure to tally my points...kudos to this property....Terry

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites Albany, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

I responded to Terrence on October 5th per below.

Thank You From Travelodge Inn & Suites, Albany Airport
To: TERRENCE W
Sent on Oct 5, 2012
October 5, 2012

Hi, TERRANCE W.

We appreciate your September 30th TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Inn & Suites, Albany Airport.

I just wanted to thank you personally for taking the time to compliment our staff and hotel. We were especially pleased to read that you considered are hotel an . . “extraordinary hotel” and that you enjoyed the Bear Bites Breakfast.

Please contact me at 518-785-6626, Ext. 174 or mar@coccas.com as I need to know your full name and dates of check-in check-out and Wyndham Rewards Number in order to add your recent stay to your Wyndham Rewards points.

HEADS-UP - Wyndham is having a special Special,1000 Bonus Points Promotion (1,000 Wyndham Rewards bonus points, in addition to regular points, earned for qualifying stays booked between November 1, 2012 and January 31, 2013 and consumed by February 7, 2013).

We truly appreciate your favorable review and are pleased that we were able to meet your expectations. We know travelers have a lot of choices and we are thankful for your patronage.

We look forward to welcoming you again!

Please remember to contact me so I can add the points to your file.

Marilyn Seidner
Director - Guest Relations
518-785-6626, Ext. 174
mar@coccas.com

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Rooms was clean but hallways were dirty. Middle entrance foyer reeked of cigarettes.
The location is good and rates are very good. I stay here a few times a year and this was the dirtiest I've seen the halls. I don't know if pets are allowed but the guest next to me had a little yappy dog. Luckily, he didn't bark much. The room was okay and the bed comfort was very good. I've tried several other hotels/motels in the area and I've yet to find one where I sleep as well as here. That's what keeps me coming back.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Let's see.. I arrive to see both Police and FBI in the parking lot. The carpets in the common areas were filthy and looked like they had last been cleaned sometime in the 1960s. The carpet in the room was a little better but when I moved the end table to plug something in it was all dirty and dusty back there. The interstate highway is right nearby and you hear it constantly. There are lights shining up the side of the hotel and the come right through the room window. The TV was very old with a loust picture and the cable connection was broken and just stuck in there. The maids never showed up on the one extra day I was there. The breakfast was lousy - no coffee until we asked, few napkins, the only bread was english muffins (which were fine), some cereal and okay waffles BUT I was glad I went to a diner instead the 2nd morning. I will say that the staff was friendly and tried hard.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The place was clean, reasonably priced and everyone was helpful, especially the lady at the desk
sincerely
MP Bonchonsky

Reviewed September 30, 2012

In albany area, it is one of teh best hotel at the reasonable rate. Even it is far better than Day's Inn in all respect.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is a no frills hotel. The room was clean and fresh. The towels were small and cheap so ask for extra. The front desk staff were super friendly and helpful. The coffee at breakfast was good but not super and there was a waffle maker that was better than most hotels. I will stay there again if I'm in the area.