“Excellent Value for Budget Hotel”

Travelodge Inn and Suites Albany
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I stay at this hotel regularly and find it is the best of the local budget hotels. There are a couple of other local hotels that are a bit cheaper but I found this one to be the best for the money. The owner takes pride in keeping this and other hotel properties he owns in the area in nice condition. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. Location is outstanding.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Reviewed January 29, 2012

I stayed at the Travelodge Inn for one night in November 2011, on my way to New Jersey.

Convenient, right off the highway, easy check-in, helpful staff, clean room, comfortable bed, continental breakfast included.

What do you want more for $61,00? Yes, it could use a bit of refurbishing. So what?

As a fellow reviewer (MariosDaddy) already stated, people pay $50,00-$60,00 a night and want the commodities and luxury of a five-star hotel. Let’s be reasonable.

For what I needed, it was quite sufficient and convenient and I got my money’s worth.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank fmlaffs
Reviewed November 5, 2011

A friend and I stayed overnight to enjoy Albany. For the room rate we payed this location was perfect. We are in perfect proximaty of everything we could possibly need. The room was basic and sufficient including a small fridge. The best part of the stay was the staff. The night front desk woman was warm and welcoming. She graciously handled our needs without ever giving us the impression we were a burden or wasting her time. Being a pet friendly Inn, she showed genuine interest in our dog which made us feel good. The bed was very comfortable and we slept like babies. I would recommend staying here for anyone who is practical and looking for a good value for their dollar. Too many people look for luxury at a cheap rate and then complain when it's not the Ritz. If you're looking for satin sheets and a bottle of champagne, then you're going to pay for it. If you're looking for a comfortable nights sleep on a budget then this is a wonderful stop. Thank you for the pleasant stay!

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank BurningBothEnds
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed here one night en route a place in Western New York. We had no issues with the room, basically stayed for the night and left early morning. Extrremely simple rooms with furniture that has seen better days. The bathrooms had recently been renovated so it was decent. Very good wifi. Essentially a budget hotel on the thread bare side. There are other hotels in the Albany area in the same price range which are better.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Westernmasstraveler
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We were there for four nights and the hall had debris (paper, wrappers and glass pieces) in it until the very last day. The carpet in our room was sticky, so we wore socks mostly in there. The mattress was older and "well used" and the day after our first night no room clean up was done (done other days). The front desk people were nice and the breakfast typical (waffles and bagels mostly). Location across from a major mall was a plus.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Best thing about the travelodge is the area. Albany is quite nice in late summer, early fall.
Close to a large mall, next to Buca de Beppo and easy access.
Hotel is very old and outdated.
But since I was only interested in a nights sleep, and not a resort location, it did fill the bill.
It did include a buffet breakfast, which helped with my time schedule.
In a pinch, I would return. But not for an extended stay.
Interior hallway which runs quite a ways. 2 story with no elevator.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank desertsailor
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I was on my way back to NY City from a 2-day conference in northern Vermont and was too tired to complete the trip home. I decided to stay the night in Albany. Many years ago, when it was a Suisse Chalet, I used to stay at this property so I decided to stay here again. It is now a Travelodge and a very nice one at that. Prior to pulling in, I checked the property ratings on TripAdvisor. I'm always amazed at the number of negative ratings I see on Trip Advisor. Folks... if you want 5 star amenities let me give you some advice... stay at a 5 star property. I'm tired of reading reviews from folks who want $300/night amenities at a $50/night property. Rate the properties accordingly based upon realistic expectations for a property's assigned star rating.

I'm sitting in my room writing this review after having finished a very nice complimentary breakfast of fresh waffles, bagels, english muffins, assorted danish and muffins, hot and cold cereal, coffee, tea, juice and milk were in abundance. More than adequate and very enjoyable. Again, if you have champange tastes, perhaps this breakfast offering isn't for you. But for most of us who, when at home, just grap a cup of coffee and a bagel on the way out the door, it was a welcome change. I almost never have the opportunity to enjoy a leisurely breakfast while watching TV or reading the paper. My room was clean, a/c worked fine, bed was comfortable and front desk staff was pleasant and helpful. There is a guest computer in the lobby area complete with printing capabilities. The wireless service is fine; I've already downloaded almost 100mb of .pdf files from the conference I was just at.

All in all, a very pleasant, quiet, comfortable and relaxing night. I have a 3 day function coming up at the end of this month and I will definitely make reservations to stay here again.

Room Tip: Tell the from desk clerk EXACTLY what you're looking for. After doing so I got a great room.