Travelodge Inn and Suites Albany
$137
Hilton.com
  • Pool
$69
CrestHill Suites Albany(Albany)(Great Value!)
$107
$93
$137
$122
Hotels.com
All reviewstravel lodgeroom was cleancolonie mallwolf roadcontinental breakfastthree nightslocation was perfectmake your own wafflesone night staywe've stayedthe breakfast areabagelsfresh fruitwould stay againpleasant staymarilynheating
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I was on my way back to NY City from a 2-day conference in northern Vermont and was too tired to complete the trip home. I decided to stay the night in Albany. Many years ago, when it was a Suisse Chalet, I used to stay at this property so I decided to stay here again. It is now a Travelodge and a very nice one at that. Prior to pulling in, I checked the property ratings on TripAdvisor. I'm always amazed at the number of negative ratings I see on Trip Advisor. Folks... if you want 5 star amenities let me give you some advice... stay at a 5 star property. I'm tired of reading reviews from folks who want $300/night amenities at a $50/night property. Rate the properties accordingly based upon realistic expectations for a property's assigned star rating.

I'm sitting in my room writing this review after having finished a very nice complimentary breakfast of fresh waffles, bagels, english muffins, assorted danish and muffins, hot and cold cereal, coffee, tea, juice and milk were in abundance. More than adequate and very enjoyable. Again, if you have champange tastes, perhaps this breakfast offering isn't for you. But for most of us who, when at home, just grap a cup of coffee and a bagel on the way out the door, it was a welcome change. I almost never have the opportunity to enjoy a leisurely breakfast while watching TV or reading the paper. My room was clean, a/c worked fine, bed was comfortable and front desk staff was pleasant and helpful. There is a guest computer in the lobby area complete with printing capabilities. The wireless service is fine; I've already downloaded almost 100mb of .pdf files from the conference I was just at.

All in all, a very pleasant, quiet, comfortable and relaxing night. I have a 3 day function coming up at the end of this month and I will definitely make reservations to stay here again.

Room Tip: Tell the from desk clerk EXACTLY what you're looking for. After doing so I got a great room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank MariosDaddy
Reviewed August 28, 2011

This hotel is so out dated. Have never felt insecure about being in a hotel before. Furniture was horrible, bed linens old, toilet didn't flush right. Small rooms. Refrigerator didn't work.
Felt very insecure as doors would rattle every time some else shut their door. Was suppose to stay for business and checked out immediately the next morning. Internet was a joke!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Don't stay here- it is dirty. Our toilet did not work. The beds are awful and the box springs were stained. There are many better hotels in the area

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank TABT
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Two night stay to take NYS bar exam. So, I wasn't looking for much more than a place to sleep and smoke. My room had strong antiseptic smell over old smoke--OK, was what I figured I'd get for the privilege of in-room nicotine fixes. Controls on A/C didn't work, so left window open and unplugged the thing. Smell cleared out by next afternoon. Wasn't able to restart but didn't call for help. Basic room was acceptably clean. Heavy dust/dirt on top of some lamps, corners of window sills, but no bother to me. Bed was good enough given how tired I was. Didn't use TV. Alarm clock worked. Garbage outside back exit/entrance was not pretty. Front desk was very friendly and the guy who stocked breakfast was exceptionally nice. You can still make waffles for breakfast and were my meal of choice for 2 days. Ate at Cheesecake Factory across the street one day--not bad, price perhaps more than food is worth. 2d day went to Art's Fried Fish--about 2 miles north on Wolf Road. IT WAS GREAT! Fish tasted very fresh, lightly battered, frying oil was clean, and price couldn't be beat. I don't eat much fried food, but a friend had discovered it and it's worth making an exception for.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are in back on 2nd (top) floor. While hallway doors separate them from rest, non-smokers should stay up front.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Jerzy-JD
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Ive read the other reveiws before posting mine... One thing I can agree with.. the room smells WAY to clean!!! they go way to heavy with the room spray.. had to leave windows open to get fresh air. HOWEVER Ive stayed at other travelodges before and this one so far is the cleanest Ive stayed in. I travel to a different state EVERY week.. And must say.. for the price.. it dont get much better than this, There is great places to eat EVERYWHERE..within 1 mile I found over a dozen spots to enjoy lunch or dinner. And right across the street.. Is the movie theater. Of course if you get a smoking room.. your room may be a little " rough-er" but that is with any hotel.. smoking rooms are party rooms.. I smoke. But when I travel I get non smoking rooms and go outside to smoke. You will ALWAYS get a cleaner room this way.
I noticed a review from a woman who stated she got bed bugs here... that is bad.. First thing I do is check my mattress for these nasty lil critters.. NONE found in my room. So either they got rid of the issue.. OR this poor lady was unlucky enough to get the room after someone else brought them into it. ALWAYS CHECK FOR BED BUGS BEFORE YOU GET COMFY!! if you bring them home.. you will end up paying THOUSANDS to get rid of them and replace furniture.
This is the 1st night of my 5 night stay, And honestly.. for the price.. there is nothing to complain about here.. And im a woman.. I complain a lot!!!

Room Tip: Cleanest rooms are NON smoking. Take the walk outside to smoke.. its worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business