“Good sports bar”

Cuisines: American
Walden, New York, United States
“Good sports bar”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I was staying at the hotel upstairs when a family member was in Albany Medical Center. Had dinner there, but would have loved to be there to watch a football game! They have TV screens everywhere. Not the best place for a date night, unless your date is an avid sports fan. The food, service & staff were good. Our waitress was friendly & attentive. The food is pretty standard pub fare, not upscale dining, but it was tasty. I recommend their chicken tenders which you can have tossed in several different sauces.

• Visited December 2013

Albany, NY
“Not sure how this place survives”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

The food here is completely unremarkable. Nothing stands out as something I would go back for. The dining options in this area are few which is why I go here - Panera Bread nearby is always too crowded & I am generally with professionals who want to sit and talk business at lunch. I like the atmosphere and the bar is comfortable and accommodating but the food is just blah. At my most recent trip this week, they were out of turkey burger which they didn't tell me until a good 8 minutes after I ordered and my friend ordered a sandwich minus tomato. He got tomato. Our waiter was nice enough but come on - there was hardly anyone in the place. I'm not sure what they could do to entice people to come here but maybe getting your order right would be a start? The cafeteria at Albany Med is excellent - make the trek across the street and follow the signs in the hospital.

• Visited December 2013
Philadelphia
“No place for people with ADHD”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is so much a sports bar - TV screens wherever you look. It's hard to pay attention to much else - even if your partner is beautiful. The food and service is good - standard pub food that came without much wait. Adequate but not terrific beer selection (for those who like crafts). The waiter was friendly and attentive. I had a turkey burger and it was really tasty and perfectly prepared. Substituted sweet potato fries for regular ones. And they came with a nice sweet and sour sauce. The frat that was celebrating a reunion added to the entertainment.

• Visited November 2013
Albany, New York, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really good”
Reviewed October 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Best bar to catch up some good live sports...good family place, friendly staff, wide variety of foods and drinks..and yes, it always plays my favorite music.

Visited October 2013
Reading, Pennsylvania, United States
“Recovery Room”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I'm not a sports guy but they had many TV's with a box on the bar so you could just listen to the TV you wanted. I did the news.

I liked it because it was attached to the hotel, service and food was great.
I lived there for 3 months and never looked for another place to eat.

• Visited December 2012

Been to Recovery Sports Grill? Share your experiences!