“Great place to see a concert”
Review of Times Union Center

Times Union Center
Ranked #11 of 63 things to do in Albany
More attraction details
Owner description: This multipurpose civic center hosts musical performances, ice shows, trade shows and is home to the AHL River Rats, NLP Attack and the Siena Saints MAAC basketball team.
Brooklyn, New York
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great place to see a concert”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We saw Paul McCartney there the being of July 2014, and it was great. We had great seats, the view was great and the sound was great. Wonderful concert.

Rochester
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Saw Paul McCartney at Times Union on 7/5”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

The center is a somewhat older venue and, as such, there are extremely long lines for the inadequate ladies rooms. The venue holds about 13,000 people and most of the seats in the lower section provide a good view of the concert stage, even those seats most distant from the stage. Paul McCartney played for three hours and is a must-see!

Walnutport, Pennsylvania
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Good Venue”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Went to the McCartney concert 7/5/14. Venue is small but nice. Not as big as the other 4 where I have seen McCartney as they were outdoors. Had floor seats and they sort of were uncomfortable as you were crammed into seats as close as they could get. The seats off the floor would have been just as good a view with more comfortable seating.
I walked through the gates with my camera and was able to get really good shots. The fun police though were looking out for people recording and were telling them to stop which did not make sense, they need to lighten up. Overall good venue, awesome show as always .

1 Thank sully423617
ct
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Incompetent staff once in lifetime opportunity squandered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Went to Paul McCartney concert which was AMAZING July 5th. But I was unable to have a photography keepsake due to the inept staff! I purchased a $500 camera for this once in a lifetime event because I hear Paul allows cameras at his shows. I called a week prior and the representative stated to call the day of the show because "its up to the artist, and it could change last minute". So I got ready to go to the show, called the theater 4 TIMES during the day, each time they adamantly said "no cameras" I was very dissapointed and didn't want my camera confiscated, so I reluctantly left the camera at the hotel. When I went to the show! I couldn't believe how many cameras, nice ones too, were around me. This infuriated me, my once in a lifetime opportunity ruined by inept staff claiming no cameras!

Slingerlands, New York
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 278 helpful votes
“Handled Paul McCartney and the crowds very well”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I was here for Frank Sinatra the night it opened, and many times since....the Rolling Stones, Rod Stewart, Billy Joel twice, as well as sports and other types of events. The events have always been well staged, and the crowds move well both before and after the shows. There are enough entrances and exits that people are able to move through. The seats are fairly comfortable for this type of a facility. I would not hesitate to attend any type of event here.