“Kanye West Concert”
Review of Times Union Center

Times Union Center
Ranked #12 of 70 things to do in Albany
More attraction details
Owner description: This multipurpose civic center hosts musical performances, ice shows, trade shows and is home to the AHL River Rats, NLP Attack and the Siena Saints MAAC basketball team.
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I had a blast at the times union center as always with my 18 year old son..The only thing I would change is the positioning of the bathrooms outside of that it was great.

All reviews
"circus"
"security"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed February 12, 2014

While passing through the Albany area, we happened to notice that there was a hockey game that night, and being fanatical hockey lovers, we went to the game. Fortunately, the arena was simple to get to for us out-of-towners. There seems to be ample parking in the area, and we opted for the lot attached to the arena, which was fine. Once inside, we were pretty impressed with arena itself, especially because it is only a minor league arena. In fairness though, this arena does seem to host many bigger events but I have to wonder how often it is filled to its potential. Certainly, for the Albany Devils, it was anything but full, and the entire upper level was closed off by a black curtain, which I was told by the people next to us, is commonplace at their games. The stadium seemed clean enough, and had a sensible layout. The seats were comfortable, and the sightlines were great! Too bad this arena isn't filled up more for hockey, because it seems like a great place to watch a game.

A couple of downers: The food. High prices, unfortunately, are something we are all used to in an arena like this, but the actual food quality was awful (considerably overcooked). I would have also liked to see better enforcement, by the ushers, of the "stay in your seats until a stoppage of play" rule. They announce the rule, but people seem to leave their seats whenever they feel like it. The ushers do prevent them from returning to seats during play, but it'd be nice to see more effort into keeping people from getting up at any old time. This wouldn't be acceptable in Montreal!

In conclusion, a nice arena. Seems like Albany is unappreciative of what they have, though.

1  Thank T D
Reviewed February 1, 2014

we have gone to several concerts and other events over the year there is not a bad seat in the arena . the only bad thing is that you can not bring food into the arena so if you have a family it can get expensive

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Went here for a Sienna basketball game, can't imagine I'll return. I have never been to an arena (and I've been to many) that doesn't have bathrooms on the concourse level. You have to go down a huge flight of stairs and down a hallway to find a bathroom. No way you can go to the bathroom during a time-out without missing action. The seats are really tight and I'm just an average-sized guy. The sight-lines in the upper deck are very poor. The other thing they do is cover over huge sections of the arena. I'm not sure if they think it makes it seem like a more intimate atmosphere or what but kit just looks hokey to me. I've been to more sparsely attended St John's games at MSG and they didn't cover over sections. There are very few restaurants around the arena and the atmosphere outside the game was like there wasn't even a game happening.

1  Thank OlympicMike