“Nice to watch hockey!!”
Review of Times Union Center

Times Union Center
Ranked #11 of 65 things to do in Albany
More attraction details
Owner description: This multipurpose civic center hosts musical performances, ice shows, trade shows and is home to the AHL River Rats, NLP Attack and the Siena Saints MAAC basketball team.
“Nice to watch hockey!!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Went for a Devils game and there wasn't a single bad seat. The crowd itself was quiet for the most part but the Devils won 5-3!! It really was a nice arena and I like the size because I thought it was really nicely set up.

White Plains, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Surprisingly Nice Building”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I was only at the Times Union Center for high school basketball but the arena looks great, has a solid layout, and I was genuinely surprised at how nice everything was. I'd love to take in a hockey game.

New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AWESOME & MEMORABLE”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We loved the fact that we were allowed to move around after the game began to get better views of the team as they played basketball. THANK YOU!!

Rochester,NY
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“1st time at the arena”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My wife and I went to see Kenny Chesney at the TCU. I thought this place was great. Did not look like there was a bad seat in the house.( except for the nose bleed seats way up ) Since we were not familiar with the area, we were not sure where to park. We ended up parking at the garage next to the arena. $20.00 later we were parked and looking forward to seeing a great show by a great performer.I was intrigued by the open area in front of the TCU. I had never seen that before. The concession prices seemed a little high, so we did not partake in purchasing anything from them. I have been in smaller arena's before so this was much different than what I was used to. Now that I have been through it once, I have a better idea of how to get around and hopefully get to see another show here in the future.

Albany, New York
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Small”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This place is what you would expect in a market with no major sports teams. It is small, has terrible concession choices, and is just in general boring. If you are a little kid this would be exciting, if you have been anywhere else it is just, well, boring.

Visited February 2013