“Here Here”

Aashiana
Ranked #234 of 694 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed April 5, 2011

My friends and I love to come here for the lunch buffet which sounds to have the same offerings as for dinner according to the above reviewer from Ithaca. We recently traveled to Shalimar in Delmar regarding the "Best of" rating in Metroland and found it no better if even not as flavorful as Aashiana. We also appreciate the owner letting us bring beer in when we do not have class after lunch.

Keep up the good work Aashiana.

Reviewed March 22, 2011

My son and I visited this small restaurant for an early dinner. The buffet opened at 5 PM, and included a very fine selection of freshly-prepared food, including excellent onion pakora, potato croquettes, tandoori chicken, chicken tikka masala, lamb biryani (simple like Uzbek plov, mostly meat and carrots, not fancy with nuts etc., but quite satisfying), vegetarian and chicken kofta, okra in tomato sauce, and desserts. All meat is halal. Price was very reasonable. Service was a little slow, understandably, because it's a family place, and they were working hard to get the buffet filled up in time for the 5 PM opening. This place compares favorably with other Indian/Pakistani restaurants I've ever tried.

1  Thank sociable_lapwing

Been to Aashiana? Share your experiences!