“Interesting tour of upper Hudson”

Dutch Apple Cruises
Book In Advance
More Info
$19.95*
and up
Hudson River Sightseeing Cruise from Albany
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Albany
More attraction details
Owner description: Take A Dutch Apple Cruise on the scenic and historic Hudson River, the ideal way to see the sights. Our vessel offers you sunshine and breezes or the protection of fully enclosed and heated/ac decks. Features of all tours include ample free parking, U.S.Coast Guard inspected vessel, comfortable seating, clean restrooms, full cash bar and light refreshments. With your safety in mind, we suggest low heeled or soft soled shoes. We cruise rain or shine. Don't forget to bring your binoculars for eagle sightings!
pleasant valley
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Interesting tour of upper Hudson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

River traffic was fascinating (barges, freighters and dozens of tugboats)! Lady tour guide was really knowledgable and was great at pointing out eagles (saw 4 of them!) Highly recommend.!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank mercPleasantValley

Albany, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A Really Fun Time on the Dutch Apple”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

We had my sister’s birthday with friends & family on the Dutch Apple Cruise yesterday and can’t say enough about how nice the cruise was. I have lived in the Albany area all my life but I learned things that I never knew about the area along the river from the narrator on the cruise. Seeing the wildlife along the river was also incredible. We planned the event a week or so in advance and the staff did an incredible job at coordinating it and making it fun for everybody. I highly recommend the boxed lunch from Anton’s. The Dutch Apple Cruise coordinated the lunch order for us and it was excellent. Overall I am very happy that we went with the Dutch Apple Cruise with Captain Ron and the entire crew.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank bennyg0
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful Day on the Boat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

I went on a sightseeing cruise last December and felt in love with this experience. What an enjoyable trip! Fall leaves were beautiful and we got to see an eagle! Boat was very clean, I would definitely come back to do this again and recommend it to my friend.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Michael H
New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Best place for my retirement party”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

My retirement party was held on this boat. It was a great time. We cruised for 3 hours. I would have preferred 3 more. Fun was had by all. We hired a DJ who played what was requested. Food was catered by Nicole's of Albany. They are the usual caterers. The food was out of this world. Everyone raved about it. The staff of the Dutch Apple were very helpful and accommodating. You have the option of hiring your own DJ and Caterer or you can use theirs. I highly recommend this cruise. We've taken this many times. Always a nice relaxing cruise down the Hudson River. Not every cruise has the offering of food. So if that is what you are looking for you should check with the ticket office when purchasing your tickets.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank CJM1958
Brick, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Dutch Apple Fall Foilage Cruise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We timed our tour of the USS Slater and planned a cruise down the Hudson on Dutch Apple Cruises right next to the USS Slater (if you are in the area I highly recommend visiting both). There a clean restroom on the dock, as the USS Slater does not have one. The Dutch Apple has restrooms aboard and both the ones on the Cruise and the Dock were very clean and well maintained. The crew of the Dutch Apple from those in the store where you purchase your tickets (which can also be purchased in advance online) to the tour guide and crew members could not be nicer. We lucked out an had spectacular fall weather. The cruise was very informative, our Guide was a wealth of information on the history of the area, we also were visited by an American Bald Eagle who fly over our ship a few times, I had never seen one this close it was majestic and beautiful. The guide explained how they have a few nests in the area which he pointed out. We were fortunate enough to be visited by this amazing bird. The cruise down the Hudson in and of itself was scenic. We went just as the leaves were beginning to show their fall colors. There was food and beverages (including beer) for purchase on the ship. Highly recommend for a couple or family!

Visited October 2013