“You simply must try this place”

Grappa '72 Ristorante
Ranked #6 of 687 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Traditional/Contemporary Italian Cuisine, affordable entrees, great service, and the atmosphere is sure to please.
greenville
“You simply must try this place”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I had a business meeting and was taking a client to dinner. Based on reviews here I decided to give it a try.
Although this restaurant is basically located in a strip mall you will be very pleasantly surprised.
There Pasta Fagiola soup is surperb. My understanding is it is made fresh daily. Although I asked for a cup, I think I could have fed three people . I would really say get a salad and this and you would be fine.
Last night they had a pasta and shrimp special that was so flavorful. I regretted that I was traveling and could not take home the very large amount in my dish that I could not finish.
None of my dining party had room left for what looked like equally amazing desserts, although I did have a decaf Cap and it was perfection in a cup.

The décor was well done and the atmosphere was great if you are trying to conduct business.
If you are staying on Washington at any of the hotels there it is just a little over five minutes drive .

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank burtontps

Albany, New York
“Excellent Meal”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Start to finish the food was very good. Appetizers (proscutto and arugula, portobella, calamari) were all very good (friends said the portions were smaller than in the past). Salmon, risotto with seafood, veal, vongole, all were delicious. Good wine list and the server knew his stuff. First time trying Grappa, Ill say it was interesting! We were a bit crowded at the first table and people occasionally had trouble getting past our table.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Marktheshark027
Albany, New York
“Service shines and food is fine dining”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Armand, the owner, knows how to train his waitstaff. It's a classy, yet down-to-earth, place. The food is very good, and the service is exceptional. There is no "Hi, guys!" indelicate familiarity. Everyone seems to care that you enjoy yourself. This was my 4th time, and it was always great!

• Visited March 2014
Albany, NY
“Disappointing Mistakes”
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

So, we went to dinner here for a family birthday. Loved the ambience, jazz music, and bread. Ordered our meals.. So excited until they forgot mine and my brother in law's salad... Okay it happens- but we were spending a lot of money and a sincere apology would have been nice or a check in from The manager. Instead it seemed like they didn't want to call attention to it. I wanted to love it but got my meal well into everyone else's meals. When you are spending close to $300 this is a bummer. Give me a salad while I wait or a sincere apology... I didn't complain because It was a special occasion, but if your servers can't remember the order they should write them down not try to commit it to memory. Needless to say I don't see a reason to return when there are plenty of great Italian restaurants to go to in Albany.

2 Thank momofone8
Slate Hill, New York
“Great Dining in Albany”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

The restaurant's atmosphere was not only warm and inviting, but the staff was welcoming and helpful. We called ahead for reservations for a table in the back. The staff accommodated our request and the table selection was perfect. We had gone there at a friend's recommendation and what a great find! The food was excellent. I could eat there a couple times a month. If in the Albany/Troy area, I would recommend a dinner at the Grappa '72.

• Visited March 2014