“Italian cuisine at its best”

Grappa '72 Ristorante
Ranked #6 of 697 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Traditional/Contemporary Italian Cuisine, affordable entrees, great service, and the atmosphere is sure to please.
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Sometimes, some nice surprises are in store when you least expect it. After a long day of shopping (I know it's hard...) my sister, daughter and I went to Grappa 72 for a late supper. We couldn't believe how amazing everything was. And I have to say the service was very good as well; friendly and professional. I had the veal with figs, and an appetizer of stuffed portobellos that were delicious. I will definitely go back to Grappa 72 next time I am in Albany.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Italian cooking at its best with a great variety of choices. My friend and I were celebrating his birthday with a feast of amazing dishes.
You won't be disappointed no matter what you order. Great wine list too.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This was our second time in Grappa, and they delivered again, with excellent service and wonderful food. For starters, my partner's favored Pellegrino sparkling water and my favorite Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnay. All 4 of us passed on appetizers, knowing how hearty the meals are. Risotto con Funghi and a special risotto with seared scallops highlighted the chef's skill with risotto (no, it's not easy!) - both were perfectly al dente, creamy and flavorful. I had to take some of mine home, and it was delicious at lunch, too. Chicken Arrostito and Vitello alla Pizziola were both also pronounced superb, and the guys ate every bite. The veal dish featured cured olives as well as fresh oregano, and my partner asked to have the olives left out. I laughingly told our server that he could bring them to me, and a small silver dish appeared with the olives! The two who opted for dessert had a poached pear and pistachio gelato which was the freshest pistachio I've tasted since I was in the Greek islands, where they grow.
Our server happened to be the same man who served us last time; again, he was perfectly attentive without being overbearing.
Grappa '72 sits near the back of a strip mall, but DO NOT let that put you off! You'll find white linen tablecloths, a gracious atmosphere, and service that's every bit as good as the food. Pricey? Not for what you get at Grappa!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

This place is AMAZING. Great ambience, great service, great food. I could have easily been in NYC or SanFrancisco, the food was that good and that beautifully presented. Sometimes a restaurant does great appetizers, but the entrees are blah, or they do great entress but everything else was blah. This place was five star for all four of us in our party. Only tiny negative was a Mediterranean pasta dish one person ordered was reported to be a tad too salty. Other than that, all appetizers, entrees and desserts were to die for. Do NOT judge this place by it's location in a small strip mall. This place is bar none, one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at here in the U.S. or in Italy.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Happened to be turning around in a small strip mall and found this restaurant. My husband and I went on a Monday night. The place was very busy. The bread was crusty. The drinks were great, and our waitress, Larissa, and all the others who helped out were extremely competent. We shared a linguini in white clam sauce. It was very good. My husband had the veal porterhouse and I had the veal osso bucco. Both were delicious. I had to take the risotto home that came with the dish. There was an extremely large portion. We had sorbet for dessert. I would definitely go back. It's a little pricey but we don't mind if the food is very good.

Been to Grappa '72 Ristorante? Share your experiences!