“Amazing food and perfect service!”

Grappa '72 Ristorante
Ranked #2 of 698 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Traditional/Contemporary Italian Cuisine, affordable entrees, great service, and the atmosphere is sure to please.
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I only found out about this place as my sister was stranded in Albany for a few hours and she stumbled across it. They planned a days worth of events for her on top of filling her up full of great booze and food. A few days later on our way back from NYC to Ottawa, my girlfriend and I stopped in for supper and were blown away by the food. I used to be a chef and I truly couldn't find one fault in the meal or the service. The Tiramasu was literally the best one I have eaten in my lifetime and would consider the five hour drive just to have dessert. A strong recommendation to eat there if you are in the area.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Had lunch here with a friend. We calamari as an appetizer which was recommended by the server. Unfortunately it was quite rubbery and difficult to chew, we choose not to eat it but the server did not inquire if something was wrong. I had the grilled salmon and veggies which was good but nothing special. My friend had the chicken parm which he said was also good but nothing special. Desserts were good, an Italian cheesecake and brown cinnamon gelato. Lunch for two two non-alcoholic beverages, an appetizer, two entrees and dessert was approx $60 plus tip.

Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

My hubby and I have actually eaten here 3 or 4 times in the last few months! It's one of our favorite places! The bar area always has a small band playing, and it's always packed with people. We have tried several different main dishes as well as appetizer, everything has always been delicious! I think a lot of people are afraid to stop in, maybe the strip mall is a turn off? But the inside is nicely decorated, comfortable, warm and clean.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We ate there this weekend. The service was excellent. The portions were substantial. The overall quality was good. There were four of us. Three of the four people were delighted with their entrees the last thought it was just OK. The three that were delighted ordered different veal dishes. The just OK person ordered the osso bucco and found it to be a bit dried out and the risotto pasty. We would return.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Went there for dinner with anpother couple while traveling in area. The food was very good and service was fine, Had an appetizer salad of fennel and orange with pomagranate dressing tha was excellent. Some pairings are unusual and unexpected,traditional Italian mixed with other sides. Read the menu. Had chicken with a risotto that was terrific.They will adjust to almost any changes suggested Overall a vey nice experience.