“TASTE - Albany, NY”
Review of Taste - CLOSED

Taste
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 13, 2014

At TASTE, the restaurant speaks for itself! With an elegant dining decor and intimate bar setting, TASTE offers patrons a comfortable atmosphere for either dining alone, as couples or with a group. I dined in a party of 5.

Hostess and management were gracious. Servers and dining staff were outstanding and attentive to our dining needs. Our questions were answered accurately and suggestions were offered.

My selection, their Beef Tenderloin entree, which was absolutely delicious!! The appearance of simplicity surprisingly captured complex and robust flavors with a subtle hint of mild kale and pine nuts.

My overall experience at TASTE was wonderful. Highly recommended!!

Bronte

Reviewed March 9, 2014

This was our first occasion to dine at Taste in downtown Albany. In the evening, the primary access to Taste is on Beaver Street (which the city neglectfully has not signed) rather than South Pearl, but the multiple Valet Parking signs (and valets themselves) helpfully guided us to the entrance doors. We were greeted immediately at the door and our coats were checked. We were shown to our table in a pleasantly private booth. The dining room is of contemporary design, nicely lighted and appointed, with some central tables that are more than adequately spaced. Without pause, our server appeared, introductions were made, water was poured, drink orders taken, and menus presented. The evening specialties and regular offerings were varied and promised us an interesting meal of soups, salads, and plates (optionally large or small). There were at least five vegetarian alternatives for me (I selected two small plates for my main course) and five gluten-free alternatives for my wife. A pleasant surprise: she was served warm, gluten-free dinner rolls. We started with two different soups which both were meatless and gluten-free. The wine menu offered a good variety of wines by the glass and by the bottle. The meal in its entirety was excellently prepared (especially my wife's thinly sliced duck) and served professionally. Although we were interested in dessert, sadly the offering was limited to three primary choices. One was gluten-free but seemed a somewhat unappealing banana concoction. We settled for ice cream and sorbet from a surprisingly long list of available chilled options. Taking ambience, menu, food preparation, and service jointly into account, we agreed that Taste might be judged as one of the few excellent restaurants in Albany. We would recommend a greatly enhanced dessert menu (with gluten-free pasteries) and linen cloths to cover the bare table surfaces. And City of Albany--what about a helpful street sign at South Pearl and Beaver???

1  Thank JackR_8
Reviewed February 6, 2014

party of four on a Saturday night and we had a terrific experience . service and food were very good. valet service is valuable because of the location and bitter cold weather. beef tenderloin was nicely done . good value and nice atomsphere.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

The atmosphere was not what I expected. Someone representing the restaurant was not happy that we were using a coupon to reduce our bill and treated my party as well as myself unprofessionally. Although we did not look like the rest of the restaurant crowd, we did not expect to be singled out by the representative.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

From the coat check to food it was disappointing. Thre were six of us none of us will go back and would not recommend.

2  Thank muhammad h