“The Best Steak I ever ate!”
Review of Taste - CLOSED

Taste
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I went out to Taste in October I believe and had one of the best dinners we have ever had. For full disclosure we had a Groupon so we knew we would not spend that much and could order whatever we wanted off the menu. However I was impressed by how we were treated even though we had a coupon. The Stuffed figs were different and very good. It was certainly a new culinary experience. I had the 18oz Ribeye steak and it was truly fabulous. My wife had trout I believe and also really enjoyed it. The atmosphere was good, the service was great and the food was outstanding. I am looking forward to going back on our next special occasion.

Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

The hostess on Thanksgiving was wonderful, took us last minute and was personable and welcoming. The meal was fantastic, and our service was excellent. If there are service issues at other times, whatever you did at Thanksgiving was working completely. We'll be back!

1  Thank LAS43
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I couldn't have been happier about my time at taste! Their variety of special drinks was fantastic and the bartender couldn't have been nicer or more helpful to my friends and I. The owner Maura also came up and introduced herself when there was a problem with one of dishes - that problem was quickly fixed. I recommend taste to all my friends and strangers!

1  Thank Mel S
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The waitstaff was rude and pretentious . This was not a 5 star restaurant. They told me I couldnt have a pitcher of water at a table of 12 or more. ("this isnt a diner"-really you just said that) The meal was on a scale of 1-10.. 4.5..nothing special. The other patrons near me were not impressed either.

3  Thank lovrtotrsavel
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We went to the Knicks Celtics game at the Times Union and as there was quite a wait at the Wolf's Tavern there, we called Taste - it was just around the corner and they set us up a table in minutes - for 9 people.

1  Thank BeckyScarp