“What A Great Place for Eat In or Take Out”
Review of Katrinella's Bistro - CLOSED

Katrinella's Bistro
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Not only do I love eating at Katrinella's, but I most recently ordered their Party Trays for a gathering I was having at my house. Everyone raved about the food. When I told all of my family that it was 1 ½ blocks from their homes, they were shocked. It's the best kept secret in Albany. Everyone enjoyed the food and bread. Nothing was left. The bread was devoured, the chicken parm was gone…people had double helpings and those who never ate eggplant, fell in love with it yesterday. Most importantly, my son had a great dinner and family gathering.

Thanks so much for being a part of making this gathering a success!

PS: Your salad is the best too!!!

Reviewed April 21, 2010

What an excellent find. A co-worker and I were in Albany for a conference. We found this place through tripadvisor. It sounded interesting and decided to try it. We were not disappointed. We had the veal Katrinella and eggplant parmesan. The meals come with a large garden salad as a first course, and pasta with the meal. The food was excellently prepared, seasoned properly, and more than enough, we both brought leftovers back for later. The place is small, about 8-10 tables I think, but the tables are not crowded together. No bar because of the size but they do serve wine and beer. We went on a Monday night so there were a couple of empty tables, but I still recommend you make a reservation. It's right on the corner of S. Pearl and Madsen, (the google map pin placement appears to be wrong) and right past the corner building is a lane off Madsen into a parking lot. It looked like a pay lot as there was an attendant there but we actually parked on Madsen. Katrinella's is under that corner building, another restaurant I believe, with the entrance up that lane into the parking lot. Trust me, it's there, and you will be glad you found it. Oh, and there was bread, fresh warm bread with a sauteed garlic/olive oil/balsamic vinegar dipping sauce. Be careful, or you will fill up on that.

Reviewed March 4, 2010

I read about this restaurant on TA and stopped there en route to a ski trip with my adult daughter, Easy to find with GPS, but still it is a hidden gem.The food is super and the prices are very reasonable. Great Mussels Marinara and delectable house special, Chicken Ala Katrinella. Anytime I am in Albany at dinner, this will be the place o go for great Italian food!

Reviewed March 1, 2010

First i travel often for my son's sports programs. As far south as Florida and North to Vermont, mostly east coast. This place is the BEST that i have visited for Italian food bar none. I work in NYC near little Italy and eat there often, Katrinella's beats them all in total quality of food, atmophere and price. Did i mention price , what a pleasant surprise when the bill came. The house salads have cranberries, olivie's , red onion, sliced almonds , shaved carrots, tom. cucumbers-yum. Home made delicious bead with a house mix dipping olive oil , garlic and secret ingrid. Do not pass this place up. The food was GREAT- trust me . Our Coach stopped by for take out for 5(after i told him ).. They all raved and will be back again. The only draw back is the place is small maybe10-12 tables , make reservations or get there early and tell Joey and Katrina(owners very nice people ) the wrestlers from N.Y. sent ya. Love it , loved it. Pass right by Lombardi' s (or is it Lombardo's) and their over priced and so so food. Joey thank you for getting us in early Saturday, and we will be back when in Albany again you can count on it! Wish they delivered to NYC !

Reviewed February 17, 2010

We had a very good meal and the price was right. We ordered soup, entree, and dessert, all for $20. The bread was made there, delicious and warm. The italian wedding soup was not what I expected b/c it was in a tomato based broth rather than chicken, but it was good. The chicken sorrento was delicous with the chicken being nice and thin. Everything came out timely and hot! My only disappointment was the lack of vairety of pasta choices.