“Wonderful food!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This restaurant is a small wonder! The food is truly exceptional. The restaurant space is quite small and seats maybe about 15-20 people. So it's difficult to have privacy, but with the quality of food and service you won't mind!

2  Thank lovestotravel5182011

Reviewed January 18, 2013

My wife and I finally got a chance to vistit Katrinella's. We are both always on the lookout for a good Italian restaurant and with the reviews here it was time to give Katrinella's a try. Hopes were high based on the reviews here at Tripadvisor.

As mentioned in previous reviews the place is definitely nondescript from the outside. A tip...the door is on the side of the building! However once inside it's nice and quaint. Upon arrival we were quickly seated and delicious bread and olive oil was brought to the table. We chose a pasta and chicken dish. My alfredo carbonara was very good and there was a ton of it on the plate. My wife ordered the chicken marsala. While she said it was fine she noted that it was missing some flavor in the marsala sauce.

Service was efficient and all food was brought out at appropriate times and hot. As I stated, the portions were very generous, you will be taking food home for sure.

Will we be back? Yes, I would return. They definitely earned another visit and the prices make it easy to want to try it again. It may not be the best Italian we've ever had but it was quality.

1  Thank nytraveler17
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I love this little Italian restaurant. They have great $10 lunch specials and equally great dinner specials and the food is always excellent. It is a very small restaurant with only about 7 tables but they are always busy because they offer great food and terrific value for the money. I highly recommend this restaurant in downtown Albany near the Empire State Government Plaza. It is a family run operation with a lot of attention to good quality. Give it a try - you will be delighted you did!

1  Thank hopsy
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We went for a birthday dinner, while it was a perfectly fine meal - it just didn't live up to all the ratings and rankings I had seen. I thought that their sauce was too sweet and the eggplant kind of soggy, the waitstaff seemed harried and all of our food came out in weird intervals. For a small restaurant it shouldn't be too hard to get 4 dishes out at once. I would give it another try, sometimes places just have off nights. It is small but cute inside and priced fairly - its just not my favorite Italian in Albany as suggested by other reviewers.

1  Thank athena15AlbanyNY
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Ordered take out one night from Katrinella's for a night in. Two orders of pasta primavera, one with garlic and oil sauce, one with marinara and chicken added. The orders came quickly, hot, were generous, and UNBELIEVABLE. Deliciously prepared, great combination of vegetables and delicious bread on the side. Getting inside the restaurant itself is tricky (go around back) but the interior is very classy. Nice little gem in Albany.

1  Thank Jon M