“Surprised and pleased!”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #104 of 697 Restaurants in Albany
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Washington Ave
Transit: Public Bus Stop located near main entrance.
Description: Fondue
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Who would have known that a fondue chain still existed! And in a mall no less! We made reservations (thank goodness because the place was packed!) and were very lucky to be seated at a table with 2 burners (for 2 of us). There seems to be an emphasis on the upsell initially which was the only thing about the trip that we did not care for. We ordered one of the multi course meals which seems to be the standard. We, of course, started with the cheese fondue - a little too much wine taste which we didn't care for - but the bread was delicious as were the cut up veggies. After a while my palate become accustomed to the alcohol flavor and I really enjoyed all of the gooey cheese! We opted to take the salad course home (knowing we would barely have room for our dinner let alone a salad - and they warn you when you order that food cannot be removed from the restaurant uncooked, so a salad is an easy choice to take home). We had 2 burners so were able to try two different broths - which was great! The meat selections were all so very fresh and delicious as were the potatoes and vegetables. I was so impressed with the quality of the food - the meats practically melted in my mouth but they were so flavorful! And of course, what can you say about dessert - warm chocolate with fresh fruits, marshmallows, pound cake, rice krispie squares ...! By the time I got to dessert I could really only eat a banana slice dipped in the chocolate - but boy was it good! This was a fun night but the best part was the customer service - the wait and management staff were terrific - so very attentive and pleasant - not a full minute went by with an empty glass or a dirty dish. Truly impressed and highly recommend - but don't eat for a few days before your visit!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Always a solid to good experience. Rarely a great one. Great place to share a meal and do something different. Trying the variety of food from cheeses to meats to vegetables to chocolate. I am never leave unsatisified.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We come here a few times a year. Sometimes for a quick beverage and cheese at the bar while shopping, other times for a nice long quiet catch up dinner. The big night out is a great thing, you can modify in or out the things you don't care for and the staff is always attentive. But...that entire dinner can't be done if you're in a rush or hurry.
Food is always great, drinks excellent, but it is not by any means an inexpensive night out.
While I've seen well behaved kids there (my own included), it's hard to keep a toddler happy for 2+ hours at dinner, so my advice is to get a sitter for the very young crowd and those of us eating near you might be willing to chip in...Kidding!...
Anyway, if you love fondue and don't count pennies, it's a great place to go!

Reviewed June 30, 2012

First of all - ask for Laura to be your server. She has great suggestions and does everything just right. We had all 4 courses, and left very satisfied, not overly full. Everything was delicious, especially the chocolate fondue for dessert. Our table was very private. We had a perfect two hour dinner!

Reviewed April 6, 2012

My husband and I went to the Melting Pot for his birthday dinner. I love the way the tables are laid out. Every table has a sense of privacy. The server was very knowledgeable about how the menu and dining experience worked. The food was excellent. The only note I have is to plan on a 2+ hour dining time if you are having the full dinner.