“Worst Hotel Experience to Date”

Days Inn & Suites Albany
Ranked #40 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here for 1 night as we had an early flight out the next morning. We did not expect a luxurious stay by any means for our $64, but what we experienced was not worth even half of that. Upon arrival they placed us in the motel section of the hotel. As we entered the room, we noticed right away that it clearly had not been vacuumed in some time. In addition to that, the door latch looked like it had been ripped off and was never replaced, the room had a thick must smell, the bed spreads were different and disheveled, the lamp shade was bent and discolored and everything had a general dirty appearance to it. Also, this is just speculation, but there were multiple men sitting in their cars in the parking lot, waiting for something? Not wanting to catch anything, I kept my suitcase zipped up and my clothes on and we went to speak with the front desk about possibly moving us to the bigger more updated looking building.

After a while of negotiating- we were moved to the larger building which was a bit better and felt safer. In the new room there were multiple issues again however, the floor had crunched up chips and hairballs and there was a thick layer of dust over everything. I called the front desk to see if I could borrow a vacuum and I did not mind doing it myself. A nice man came up to vacuum, and you could hear everything he was picking up with it. Other than that- there was a coffee pot with no coffee- no bath towels in the bathroom, broken window latch, and probably the most disgusting of all was a pubic hair inside the sheets of one of our beds. We wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt, but it was hard to deny. Also, the pillows had large yellow crusty drool stains on them that they just simply covered with a new pillow cover.

I am by no means a snob when it comes to hotels, but this was by far the worst experience I have ever had. I am not sure what the issue is- there may be only 1 man cleaning the entire motel and hotel and he is overwhelmed.

If you do have a choice however (since I used priceline they picked for me) I would strongly suggest staying at a different hotel in the area for probably a very comparable price. Until at least they can figure out how to to keep up with maintaining this property.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn & Suites Albany

Reviewed May 26, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy D
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stayed here just for a place to lay our heads for the night. Had their been another hotel with an opening we would have left. Unfortunately there was a tournament of some sort in town and the hotel was filled with teenagers. We were unable to use the pool as they were jumping from the hot tub to the pool , there were no parents around and we did call the front desk - they sent a gentleman over to talk to them but the kids could not understand his broken English and he was completely ineffective. We ended up leaving the pool area after being there for 15 minutes. The rooms disgusting I moved the refrigerator so that I could plug in our phone charger as their were limited outlets and there was a condom under the refrigerator. The bathtub had a layer of soap scum around the inside of it. I had to buy some disinfectant at a local store to clean it before we could even use it. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Its cheap and that should have been our first clue.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family