“Unfortunate”

Days Inn & Suites Albany
Ranked #41 of 50 Hotels in Albany

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Elizabeth, New Jersey
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Nice and cheap hotel in the area of Albany .two different buildings i love the one where the pool and is.Continental breakfast was amazing. Staff was helpful . we went there to attend wedding reception of our friend. Hotel is close to mall so we didn't have any problem doing our shooping.

Room Tip: Rooms in the big building are nicer
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Canada de Gomez, Argentina
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We had a business meeting in albany area room were cleaned staff was helpful reaching out anywhere.....internet access was awesome complementary breakfast was delightful we enjoyed spa and pool.......he front desk lady in the morning was very helpful finding our reservation

Room Tip: rooms in interior building are very comfortable and safe...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ali z
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I was a little hesitant to stay at a Days Inn since my prior experiences weren't pleasant, but since this was the only reasonably priced place to stay close to the city I decided to try it out. To my surprise the staff was very polite and courteous. I only stayed for 2 nights and we were only in the room at night. Overall this place exceeded my expectations for a Days Inn. If I'm in the area again i wouldn't mind staying there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 1, 2014

First, I've stayed at several very good Days Inn Motels, and expected when I booked my room that this one would meet the same standards. My suspicion is that this one was a recent acquisition (within the last five years or so) and was originally an independent motel. What tipped me off was that the current owners are still using note pads with the original motel website address on it.

The motel rooms are small and filthy and smell of mildew. The beds have the cheapest mattresses and bedding you can buy (think Costco) and the tiny refrigerator hummed so loudly we had to unplug it to sleep.

But this wasn't the worst of it. In the morning, I checked out, having provided my credit card information the previous evening when I booked the room online. I went back in my car in the parking lot, climbed in, and was startled to hear someone rapping on my window. It was a guy who looks (I swear) like Boris Karloff. "You come with me," he said, pointing at the front office. The expression on his face was classic: A thief had tried to escape, but he was too clever for him and caught him in time.

I went back into the office, and was told that my credit card hadn't worked. So the woman there swiped it four more times (the card has never failed anywhere before). Finally, she punched the number in - meaning they had five potential charges on the card, counting the online booking. She gave me the card back and a receipt and I left.

When I got back to the car where my daughters were waiting, I was told that Boris had emerged from the lobby of the motel the moment I went in, and had returned to the car to stare at them "like a pair of hookers," in the words of my eldest daughter.

Stay away from this place.

Room Tip: If you can book a room for less than $100 on the same day during a holiday, something is definitely...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Herve L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albany
Cocca's Inns & Suites Albany Airport
Quality Inn Central
#29 of 50 in Albany
Days Inn & Suites Glenmont/albany
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center

Been to Days Inn & Suites Albany? Share your experiences!