“Weekend In Albany for Graduation Party”

Days Inn & Suites Albany
Ranked #41 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Bethany Beach, Delaware
“Weekend In Albany for Graduation Party”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Traveling for my nephews graduation on 6/22/12, checking with other hotels most where sold out. I reveiwed the Days Inn And Suites, saw an unusual picture, Decided to take a chance with the hotel. Upon arrival the gentleman at the front deck was friendly and helpful. I was also very happy with the price for the room. He offered to give me a tour of the hotel. I was very happy with what I saw. I found the room to very clean and fresh smelling. In the morning the breakfast was very good with many options to choose from. The gentleman in the breakfast room to be very helplful. The location of the hotel was very convenient to travel to family's house.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
New Paltz, New York
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Good value hotel to get to airport or business meetings in Albany. Ask for rear building which is updated. Indoor pool and okay breakfast complimentary.

• Stayed June 2012
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Every month I stay at this hotel
The staff was very helpful and friendly. They have done new renovations and its really pretty better than any hotels around that area. I am surprised on bad reviews some people have given its so wrong. good value for the money and the breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed May 25, 2012

i would like to start by saying right from jump i had a great experiance i checked during peek hrs and the front desk was a little busy. the front desk clerk i believe her name was danielle ( sorry if im wrong )was very pleasent and professional... she was paient with a rude customer ahead of me .. and check in went very nicely...... i had trouble with my keeys and carring my bags but she called her maintance person willfredo and he was more than happy to help me ... my room was beautiful and very clean ........ in the morning i went down to breakfast although i would have liked to see a luitlle more hot food the experiance again was a delight the breakfast worker jaime was pleasent and so personable ....he was willing to help me i had two babys so it was a trying morning but he made my morning i travel to albany alot and will be recommending this hotel to my friends grat staff makes for a great stay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: deff stay in the suite building you will love the comferts of home
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
New Orleans
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Arrived late nite and walked into hell! First the room was filthy, stains on walls, urine stains on toilet, hair and razor cap in tub and the fridge door was broken. Moved to another room and there were crumbs and food on carpet, dust bunnies the size of tumbleweeds and peeling wallpaper. The desk clerk was rude. We got out of there asap! Even the stairs and elevator had stains from spills never cleaned.
We had trouble finding it because the sign says Days Inn but our reservation was Baymont Inn. Granted, our room was in the main older building, but there is NO EXCUSE for that amount of filth and disrepair.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank aurorNOLA
Garnerville, New York
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Mr borge
I'm from the hudson valley area so I call to reserve a room for the memorial day weekend because my son has a wrestling tournamentin albany..I called a few hotels and i must say Mrs daniel was outstanding in giving all the information i needed by googling the place of the tournament and how to get to the place....what the hotel has to offer..Very friendly and outgoing...I just hope the hotel and hotel staff is as professional and outstanding as this lady mrs. daniel was over the phone... I will come back to write a review on the hotel..

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Jay, New York
Reviewed April 23, 2012

In transition between the Baymont Inn and Days Inn and Suites, the hotel was difficult to identify with the conflicting signs and nothing to indicate the transition. We had two rooms in the same building where the office is located. The rooms were old and in a state of disrepair. We were there for one night only so that we were able to catch an early bus to NYC for a cruise.

When we checked in, the desk clerk was less than happy to deal with us and was rattled when we refused to allow him to take a copy of our license as well as our credit card. We were concerned about identity theft and the rooms had been paid for in full through an on-line travel service.

After going out for dinner and coming back to the room around 9 pm, I went into the bathroom to wash my face, realizing that there was no hot water. I let it run for around 10 minutes. My husband went to the desk to let them know. Soon, he brought someone back to our room who said, " oh you have hot water, it just takes time! First you have to run the water in the bathtub AND the sink for 10 minutes, then you have to flush the toilet and then you have to let it run some more". Needless to say, we were less than pleased! In the morning - even THAT didn't work to get the hot water to the room! We will NEVER stay there again regardless of the name!! I spend a lot of time in Albany and have stayed in a variety of places as a result. My advice - stay at the Marriott or the Holiday Inn Turf on Wolf Road!!!

Room Tip: Stay at the Marriott or the Holiday Inn Turf on Wolf Road!!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends