“One of my faves”

The Standard Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
The Standard Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 702 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: American, African, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Walking Distance from the CDTA Crossgates Mall stop.
Description: The Standard is known for its straightforward, classic American cuisine, prepared using home-cooking techniques with fresh, local ingredients purchased daily. The Standard’s menu features over 100 items that will be sure to have something for everyone. “Our menu revolves around ‘classics’ or ‘standards’ restaurant goers have come to know and love, yet with our own unique twist; upscale comfort food. We have popular & unique appetizers ranging from Macaroni & Cheese to our signature entrees such as Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon and “Forever” Braised Short Ribs. In addition, we offer a variety of fresh chopped salads and gourmet sandwiches.
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I just love The Standard. The swanky atmosphere combined with the fun cocktails and creative menu, makes it a must before or after hitting the cinema. I think there was only one time that we visited where I disliked my entree. We sat at the bar last night and ordered sidecars, martinis and two apps-all were delicious! Our bartender was friendly and attentive. Followed up with a showing of Gatsby in 3D, I'd say it was a perfect evening!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Been there about 5 times , food is average and very overpriced. I took my teenage granddaughters there Fri night for dinner before the movie. Waiter was not engaged at all, no personality, my one granddaughter wanted a Cesar salad and asked if she could have a small portion such as the size of the lunch salad, he simply said "no we don't do that" really, can't make a small salad, I had the crab BLT, no complaints, my other granddaughter had the buffalo chicken, one bite and could not finish. I am done I have given it enough chances but won't pay those prices for mediocre food any more and any place that wont accommodate a guest with a simple request is off my radar

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Very classy 40's - 50's movie star decor themed resturant. Definately upscale in their entrees and prices. Intriguing and great entrees probably worth the price. Excellent, friendly service. Would recommend and return.

Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just finished having dinner at The Standard. While thugs started off great, we had fried Mac and Cheese and stuffed potato spring rolls that were great, it ended disastrous. Both of us ordered Rib Eye cooked medium. While our first steak we received appeared to be cooked correct, as we got to the end, the were well done. We sent them back for a refire and after 20 minutes a manager came over to tell us they had just been dropped and it would be a few minutes. Ten minutes later, the manager brought us our steaks. Now you would think he would wait to see if they were cooked properly, but no, he just dropped and ran. Well mine was fine this time but my husbands was moo-ing still. Had to wave down our waitress this time I just told her to keep their steak, and only charge us for mine. Now, being nice enough, they did only charge us for my son's chicken, however, if this manager had just stayed and asked us how everything was to begin with, that would've been better customer service. This was our second time there, and I don't think we'll be back again. Sorry......

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Whenever we are shopping in the Crossgates mall, the Standard is our place to stop for lunch or dinner. The glam of the 50's decor, light jazz playing and nice cocktails set the mood. The food is good, we had the crab cake sandwich, an interesting take on a blt and the chicken sandwich. The server was very accommodating, subbing sweet potato fries for white and a brioche roll instead of bread for the crab cake.