“3rd time ,seems to be lacking !!”

The Standard Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
The Standard Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 688 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: American, African, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Walking Distance from the CDTA Crossgates Mall stop.
Description: The Standard is known for its straightforward, classic American cuisine, prepared using home-cooking techniques with fresh, local ingredients purchased daily. The Standard’s menu features over 100 items that will be sure to have something for everyone. “Our menu revolves around ‘classics’ or ‘standards’ restaurant goers have come to know and love, yet with our own unique twist; upscale comfort food. We have popular & unique appetizers ranging from Macaroni & Cheese to our signature entrees such as Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon and “Forever” Braised Short Ribs. In addition, we offer a variety of fresh chopped salads and gourmet sandwiches.
Whitehall, New York
“3rd time ,seems to be lacking !!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

this is the third time that we have ate there , don't take this wrong ,the standard is a very good place with above average food ,service and drinks ... but last night me and my wife ate there ,we had, like always the mussels rosmarina which are prolly the best i have ever had!!! Followed by the shrimp scampi which again was excellent ,my wife ordered the special, which was prime rib ..she ordered it rare as possible ,when they bought it to us it looked like it had been cooked to death, the waitress,i won't mention her name but she was very ,very good server ..she sat it in front of my wife and said it looks over done, but the cook said it was rare even tho it was obviously over cooked ..when my wife tried to cut into it ,she had all she could do to cut it , it was extremely tough and the waitress said i will take that back and get you another, or something else ,my wife settled for the fillet which as usual was delicious and fork tender ..it was just one of those times that you get a bad meal..but i will return to the standard again ...and thanks to the wait staff there for an enjoyable evening ..

• Visited February 2013

New York
“Not Bad”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I ate at the Standard last weekend for the first time. While it was just fine I can't say that I left totally "wowed".

The decor is pretty cool with the whole 50's/60's vibe going on. Drink selections are good and there was also a nice better than average selection of beers. Our appetizer of Santa Fe eggrolls was tasty. For entrees we had the shortribs and shrimp scampi. Both were good enough but we didnt leave waiting to have them again. No dessert this time.

Service was friendly and relatively efficient so no complaints there.

Would we go back? Maybe......although I think it's overall slightly overpriced based on quality of food received. Hope this helps.

• Visited February 2013
Mesa AZ
“Not up to par”
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Been here before and took our friends for their anniversary. It's one of their favorite places. I was very disappointed. The first time I was there, it was great. This time the service was severely lacking. I mentioned that this was an anniversary celebration and was told that they would sing a song but there was nothing else they would do. I ordered a drink after the rest of the party and waited almost 15 minutes for it. The appetizers were very good. The calamari was perfectly cooked but not served with a lemon wedge. Our meals came and our table was full of empty plates. We had to tell the expediter to take away the empty plates first. There was no room for our entrees. My chicken Marsala was less than stellar. I wouldn't order it again. Our waiter came by once to check. My whole feeling was that I wouldn't come back again.

Albany, New York
“Love the ambiance and salads”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

The standard is a great place for any type of meal, but I especially like their salads, the cranberry pecan is my favorite. It's good for date night or to go with friends. The downside I would say is the service.. The hostesses are not the friendliest, and sometimes the waiters are so swamped that they don't check in at your table for a while. The positives outweigh the negatives though.. So I always recommend this restaurant.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous!! Wonderful dinner choices with prices ranging from $8-$26...”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Just about everything is delicious ... Chicken Tortilla salad, beet and goat cheese, antipasto, burgers, mahi mahi, soups...everything .... I'm a frequent customer and I've never been disappointed... Never!!!

1 Thank Rishey