“Fun and Interesting”

The Standard Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
The Standard Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 683 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Walking Distance from the CDTA Crossgates Mall stop.
Description: The Standard is known for its straightforward, classic American cuisine, prepared using home-cooking techniques with fresh, local ingredients purchased daily. The Standard’s menu features over 100 items that will be sure to have something for everyone. “Our menu revolves around ‘classics’ or ‘standards’ restaurant goers have come to know and love, yet with our own unique twist; upscale comfort food. We have popular & unique appetizers ranging from Macaroni & Cheese to our signature entrees such as Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon and “Forever” Braised Short Ribs. In addition, we offer a variety of fresh chopped salads and gourmet sandwiches.
Albany, NY
“Fun and Interesting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

For a big restaurant, The Standard does a great job of staying interesting and funky. It's got a 50's or 60's "rat pack" vibe and a great menu that offers all sorts of different styles of food. I've never had trouble getting a table there and the service is very good. For what you get, the prices are decent as well! Highly recommended!

• Visited November 2012

“Went with the dance moms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

their food is very creative and the cocktails great too. festive atmosphere great for any occasion - date, girls night, family - love it.

Albany, NY
“Good Family Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

The Standard has very good food at reasonable prices. If you are going to the movies or going out to eat with the family, then this is a good choice. I would not go here for a special occasion with my wife as it is more of a family setting.

• Visited September 2012
Latham, New York
“GREAT WEEK NIGHT STOP GREAT FOOD”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We love this place on weeknights the food is good the service is good and we can get in and out without along wait..
the hot bread is so good you can have A full dinner and someone else at the table can order A burger. I do not like the desserts very much A little to much like the ones you get in diners also they should have better bottled water thats A must for A resturant of the level.

• Visited June 2012
Malta, New York
“Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

And good food to boot. I have been 3 or 4 times now. I love the decor, its a perfect marriage of rat pack meets refined contemporary. Its not overly dark in there. The girls at the hostess stand are always friendly. I usually go with the Penne Telefono which is delicious. I can never finish it. They serve bread before the meal. They have a great bar that always seems to be busy when I am there. My boyfriends drink took so long to arrive we thought the server forgot about it. But it was actually almost 2 drinks worth, because she left the shaker at the table and when he finished his first glass I realized there was nearly a whole other drink left in the shaker. That was nice because at least when you're paying so much for a drink its worth it. Our server was nice enough but could have been a bit more attentive. I needed a drink refill for a long time and my dish was spicy so that made it frustrating for me. I tried the crabcake sandwich this last visit. It was good but impossible to eat in sandwich form, and the cake was all mincemeat and not jumbo lump crab like I was expecting. It was a bit fishier flavor than my other restaurants crabcake (a favorite of mine). I do love to visit this restaurant, and will continue to return when I am in the area and ready for dinner!

Visited September 2012

Been to The Standard Restaurant & Lounge? Share your experiences!