“One of our very favorite places” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Provence - Albany

Provence - Albany
Reserve with OpenTable
Provence - Albany is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 681 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Mediterranean, French
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fuller Road
Jacksonville, Florida
“One of our very favorite places”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2012

My husband and I get here about 2 times a year, usually for special occaisions and mostly because it is typically kid-free. We are always happy with our meals and this time was no exception. My husband ordered the Ommegang Abbey and appreciated that they actually served it in the appropriate Ommegang beer glass. I like that they have some of their choices available as a reduced-price "small plate." This is how I ordered my crab cake appetizer. It was the perfect size and just enough. My husband ordered the french onion soup. Be warned that the crock this comes in is huge and could be a meal in itself. It is also extremely delicious! I ordered the coq au vin for dinner and my husband had the veal ragout. Both were wonderful, but after that huge crock of soup, my husband barely touched his. When the waiter offered to wrap up our dinners I asked if we could also take home the bread we didn't eat, and he supplied us with fresh bread to take home. It's soooo good, even the next day! We both had dessert, I had creme brulee and my husband had the lava cake. Theirs is the best creme brulee I've had (and I've tried a lot of different places!) and my husband enjoyed his cake.
Of course this restaurant is expensive, but to us it is worth it. There are ways to make it less expensive but I think you should go there for the experience. Save your money and go. I don't think you'll be disappointed!

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Tammy C

East Greenbush, New York (USA)
“Great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

Last week-end (2/3) my wife and I decided that we needed a night out for some French cuisine. Our usual "go-to" for that is Provence Restaurant in Stuyvesant Plaza on Western Avenue. I was fixated on Steak Frites & my wife ordered the Salmon. We were both very happy.. as usual.. with our choices. The Steak frites taste like "over there"..always a plus, and my wife pronounced her salmon to be excellent. Our service was excellent...attentive, but not rushed. As usual, we enjoyed out night out at Provence. Be advised, the wise will have reservations on a week-end.

Visited February 2012
Guilderland, New York
“over priced and over rated”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

the food was just ordinary and plain had no tase and was way over priced for the portions we received

Visited January 2012
1 Thank marge l
Albany, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

me and my 4 girlfriends came to provence and from the moment we walked in we were pleasantly suprised how freindly the staff was. the manager opened the door for us and started a nice friendly conversation. the manager let us pick a table we would be more comfortable in since one ofthe girls was pregnant. she also pulled the table out for us so the prgnant girl could get in easier. our waiter was very knowlegable and took very well to some of us loud demanding girls. one of our freinds got lost on her way to the retsaurnt and the manager over heard my frustration of trying to tell her how to get here, so she offerd to talk to the girl and walk her through how to get there. i thought that was so nice for the manager to help out a stranger like that on such a busy night. anyway our food was all delicious! we still havent stopped ranting and raving about the short rib and veal filet. we had such a great time that we decided to have my husbands birthday party there in the private dinning room. Sara is the banquette manager and she was such a help she went above and beyond to assure everything was perfect. and perfect it was. i would highly suggest going to provence for dinner or for a special event in there private dinning room. i have nothing to complain about because it was just that perfect.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Aras m
glenmont
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

I hadn't been to this restaurant in quite and while and was expecting a nice experience like I'd had before. Unfortunately, the lunch meal was a disappoint. Our waiter recommended 2 items off the lunch menu: omelette and risotto with scallops so we tried both. The risotto meal was tiny though tasty. The omelette was dry and tasteless. In addition, the meals took a very long time to come out of the kitchen. I am not anxious to return.

• Visited January 2012