“Blue Spice Pretty Nice.”
Review of The Blue Spice Restaurant - CLOSED

The Blue Spice Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Albany, New York
“Blue Spice Pretty Nice.”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant itself is quite lovely and the menu prices are slightly high although there are a few items that are a good value. The pad Thai is a standout as is the Tom Ka Gai soup. Service is disproportionately slow. We were seated for a while before even approached. And people who arrived after us ate before us. That's always annoying. Especially with slow service.

New York City, New York
“Concept was good but failed on the execution.”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant had a mass appeal but this goes away once they seat you down. After seating us down in a cramp table on top of table area (to make room for the sunken in tables- ONLY available for parties of 6 or more) nobody approached us for a good 15 minutes to offer us drinks. When we finally asked for someone to take our order it felt like we inconvenienced them with this awful request. Servers who were only allowed to pour water in your table seems to be afraid to ask their senior staff for anything when a customer asked for anything extra. The food was mediocre to put it nicely and 2 out of 3 entrees we ordered seemed to be on an extremely salty side. I'm glad for groupon because I'd really be disgruntled if I had to pay full price considering the atrocious service and the salt induced food I was served. Needless to say, I gave this restaurant a fair shot but AGAIN I was disappointed.
The quest for a real Thai restaurant in Cap Region goes on...

Poughkeepsie, New York, United States
“Great Thai restaurant!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Felt like eating some spicy Thai food and went there with a friend: very happy I did!
The place is very BLUE (well - getting there I understood why it is called "Blue Spice"). but other than this theme - all the rest is very well executed: EXCELLENT and attentive service! and delicious food! We've been there for lunch and the Tofu Noodle soup that was served as an appetizer was very tasty. I got the red curry chicken. Great taste! made with coconut milk and spicy as it should. The veggies inside really went well with the dish (zucchini, green bean, green peas, fresh basil...). It is served with white rice (of course) which was great to absorb the tasty sauce (recommend to get extra rice). you can also get brown rice if you like.
Overall > very good food and recommended place.... ah > and also very decent prices! ($8 for the above described lunch).

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Gilad I
Albany
“Excellent Upstate Thai”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Great lunch. The steamed dumpling appetizer is the best I can remember having anywhere. Outstanding tofu noodle soup. Chicken Kai Soi and Pad See Eew were both great. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The atmosphere is above what I expect in Upstate NY. This place is excellent.

Albany, NY
“Obscenely slow service, OK food”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have been to Blue Spice on 3 occasions for Birthday's or Mother's Day etc. I have never had a good experience. Table service is very slow and the wait staff seems unapologetic. The food is fairly good, but not the best Thai I have ever had, certainly not worth sitting for 3 hours, as we did one Mother's day. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who likes to sit in one place for several hours and not get their drink refreshed.

• Visited May 2012