WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“A Great Urban B&B” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Angel's Cafe

Angel's Cafe
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Albany
Angel's Cafe
Ranked #4 of 7 Albany B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“A Great Urban B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed here in late September for an evening. We were unfamiliar with Albany and the concept of an urban B&B and Angel's completely exceeded our expectations on every level. It was easy to find and there was ample parking in the back. This historic building is located within easy walking distance of the New York State museum and other attractions. Our guest room was large, attractive and very clean and despite the fact that it's an urban B&B, very quiet at night. The bed was so comfortable I think we had our best sleep of the vacation there. Angela was the perfect hostess and served up an amazing breakfast in the morning. We have no hesitation in recommending Angel's as a destination for weary travelers. It was a real pleasure to stay here.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Chris D

Families
Business
Naples, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a evening ... very urban, more so than most B&B's - we like it a lot. The place is historic and in downtown Albany ... we ate at Lombardo's across the street which was also great

Angel (the owner) was warm, caring and very accomdating - we recommend the B&B as long as you are comfortable being in an urban environment

Clean, everything worked, nice beds

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Larry C
Twin City, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

This is a historical building. The cafe is on the lower level but it's currently only open on weekends. Apparently there's not enough business to keep it open during the week. Guest rooms are upstairs.

My room was great--clean, comfortable, and attractive. I was surprised at how quiet is was considering that it's on a busy street. (My room was on the back corner.)

I was the only guest for the night that I was there. Angela let me choose what I wanted for breakfast. I just wanted something simple and light, but what she served was very nice.

The B&B is within walking distance of downtown, so it is very convenient. I rode the city bus from the train station (runs every half hour and costs $1.50) and the bus stop is within a block of the B&B.

It's a great value. I compared it with downtown hotels and this was definitely the best choice.

I had a little difficulty setting up my reservation because phone calls were not always returned promptly and emails seemed to go astray, but my persistence in tracking down Angela and confirming my reservation was worth the effort. Also, Angela was gracious enough to meet me at 10:30 a.m. to check me in early. She's a very pleasant person.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo