“Clean & Tucked Away”

Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Salt Point, New York
“Clean & Tucked Away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport to catch an early flight the next morning. The hotel is close to the airport but nicely tucked away, and somehow insulated from much of the airports noise. I found the hotel to be clean, updated, and very friendly staff. And you can't beat the welcoming cookies when you check in. (FULL DISCLOSURE: I'm a Hilton Honors Gold Member -- and I always seem to get good rates and nice rooms)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Natalie R, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Valued Guest and GOLD member,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us! The cookies ARE welcoming and amazing! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your trip to our Hilton Garden Inn. Can't wait to see you next time!

Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
San Luis Obispo, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

This is a clean, convenient hotel very near the Albany Int'l. Airport. I stayed on a Monday. Was able to get the last room as a walk-in. No AAA rates, but needed to stay as I was catching and early flight. The service was good, and this is a quiet location (the airport isn't tremendously busy...). I recommend this hotel if you are passing through. Also convenient to the Northway (I-87).

Room Tip: 4th floor was quiet and convenient.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us! It is great to hear we were able to accommodate your needs on short notice. We look forward to seeing you next time you are traveling to the area!

Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

Spent one night here, primarily because it seemed to be the closest hotel to the airport and we had a 6 am departing flight. The room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. My husband felt there was a ridge in the middle of the bed but I didn't notice it. My main task for the evening was to get some work done in the room, and while the room had a nice work desk, the free internet seemed slow to me. From the materials in the room it looked like "preferred guests" had access to faster internet, which, if true, is annoying. We checked out long before the free breakfast but there was some fruit out which was nice and the morning desk clerk was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Natalie R, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us! I am happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your short stay. Hilton Garden Inn's now have the "premium internet" option is available at three times the speed for a fee of $4.95 per day, for ALL guests. Next time you are traveling to a Hilton Garden Inn and need that little bit of extra speed for your work, you should defiantly give it a try!
We look forward to seeing you next time!

New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

Stayed here one night on June 6th with family..Queen beds were very comfortable..Room was modern and clean..Lobby and front desk area very nice.. I used exercise equipment and it was top of the line. Hilton Honors member and received free breakfast. Food was good. Definitely recommend if you are in the Albany or Albany Airport area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mikenchris
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us! I am glad to hear you were able to enjoy our Fitness Center and a great meal the the restaurant. We look forward to seeing you next time you are traveling to the area.

Vermont
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

The lobby is lovely; the location between Schenectady and Wolf Road (good restaurants) is very good. The staff was average; for instance, my last name was spelled wrong when I tried to log in to the free wi-fi (they fixed it as soon as I called the front desk) and I had to haggle to get the AAA discount.

The bed was not King-sized but Queen -- disappointing and, we felt, deceptive. We had a few moments to sit in the room before we went out to dinner. There was a strange sound, like a woodpecker in the room, but it wasn't constant. We kept listening; suddenly our toilet burped loudly and we giggled and the tapping noise resumed briefly. We finally realized the condenser in the room refrigerator was making the tapping sound; we left our cool pack and soda in there but unplugged it for overnight as nobody could sleep with the intermittent tapping (I was going to call the desk and tell them there was a miniature drum corps in there; but my sense of humor was waning by this point.)

We came back from dinner to find the bathroom floor wet; apparently (after a night of sleeping with this we think we know that) the toilet bubbles and gurgles when several toilets are flushed at once upstairs (this room was on the 2nd floor of 6 -- room 222) -- that was gross and thankfully we didn't slip on the wet floor when getting up in the night. Of course in the morning several people flushed at once so we had multiple noise and splashes...no showers for us in that bathroom!

Also, the hallway noise was noticeable. Every door that closed near us sounded as if it was slamming; that hasn't happened to us in a similar-grade hotel in a long, long time. Then there was the little girl (presumably) who was out too late and was crying all the way down the hall; we were happy when that door slammed.

We did not call any of this to the attention of the staff; unplugging the refrigerator was a simple fix. The toilet most likely can't be fixed -- it is a major plumbing problem and probably affects most of the lower floor toilets. How to complain about the size of the bed -- my dh actually paced it off to prove to me it was a queen when I was sure it had to be a King in a King-bed room!

So we won't be back -- I'll keep reading your reviews to find a better place in this location. There must be one!!

Room Tip: I'd go with the 6th floor, given our plumbing issues on the 2nd.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NancyVermont
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We appreciate your continuous loyalty to the Hilton brand, and as with all of our guests, take your concerns with the utmost of seriousness. We hold ourselves to the highest of standards and strive to exceed our guests expectations.
I hope the next time you are traveling to the area you are able to find accommodations that are able to better meet your ideal stay, hopefully by giving us another chance to show you how committed we are to guest satisfaction. We do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your last visit with us and truly hope to see you again.

Amelia Island, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

I am writing this in the dark on my I-pad as my wife TRIES to sleep. We supposedly have an adjustable king bed. Trouble is not only that the adjustment feature does not work at all, but also that the bed is an uneven lump with huge bumps and holes. Top that off with the fact that the sheet doesn't fit so it keeps coming off the mattress coverless mattress and you have a recipe for disaster. We usually stay in Courtyard Inns or Hampton Inns, including earlier on this trip. They were very nice, but this place is a disaster. Amazingly, it's sold out, which must be a factor of too little real competition.oh yeah, the two business center pc's keep exiting the internet in the middle of whatever it is you were trying to do. At $209++ and no included breakfast! we're slowly disappointed in this brand's lack of quality control.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aowats
Natalie R, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am terribly sorry to hear about the negative experience you had. I hope after speaking with your wife this morning, we were able to rectify the situation for you. I hope the next time you are traveling to the area you will allow us another chance to exceed your expectations. We look forward to seeing you then!

Holtsville, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Nice friendly service and help from staff - free internet and free breakfast buffet with a certain rate. Close to airport yet you never heard any noise - quiet and clean surroundings. I woul stay there again for sure!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us! It still impresses us what little noise comes from being right across the street from an airport! Glad to hear your enjoyed your stay! We'll see you next time.