“No Hot Water on my room/floor at 3 a.m. before long trip” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport

Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport
Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Rutland, Vermont
“No Hot Water on my room/floor at 3 a.m. before long trip”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The room and hotel seemed very nice until I was shocked to learn that there was no hot water available for a shower at 3 a.m. before a long flight from the Albany Airport. The hotel staff did nothing but acknowledged there was a problem and offered no compensation or stood behind their Hilton guarantee. Very disappointed, I am a Hiltons Honor member and will now stay elsewhere in the future.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars

1 Thank shblumoon
Ashley B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest-

I am sorry your last stay with us was not satisfactory. A cold shower first thing in the morning is not pleasant at all! I can assure you we do take each guest comment very seriously which is why a manager reached out to you after your stay. While I understand your frustration I do hope you'll give us another chance to exceed your expectations if you return to the area.

Sincerely-Ashley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Longview, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

...Bridget and Alesia (the "twins") who work at the front desk and drive the airport shuttle. They did an exceptional job making our stay pleasant and convenient. It's employees such as these two who make a difference. The lobby and rooms are nicely furnished, the breakfast buffet is excellent and the convenient location for catching a flight are unbeatable. The HGI is an excellent choice because of its staff and amenities including nice landscaping.

Carol & Kay Cox

• 5 of 5 stars
Ashley B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest-
Thank you so much for recognizing the exceptional service Alisia and Bridget provide-we're very lucky to have them. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we do hope to see you again.
Sherman Oaks, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We had a very quick stay on points. We were in late and left on a 5:30 AM flight the next morning. It was a weekend night, and there seemed to be a big group of sports teams at the hotel (maybe hockey judging from the smell of the equipment piled in one of the function rooms I passed. There were also a couple of boys playing hockey in the hallway when I went up to the room. I didn’t make an issue of it as I didn’t hear anything from my room.

The check-in was quick, my Diamond VIP status was recognized, and the amenity was quickly switched when they became aware that my flight the next morning was before the breakfast even started. They also nicely accommodated us with two beds and a low floor at the last minute in complete contradiction to my profile preferences (son and wife had other ideas).

All-in-all a pleasant stay. I would stay here again if I still had HHonors points. I have moved all my business travel to Marriott due to the complete gutting of the HHonors program a few months ago.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest-
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I'm happy to hear you weren't disturbed during your stay and that your requests were met. Though you may have switched to another brand for your business travel, I do hope you keep us in mind should you ever return to the area.
Syosset, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed here for a night recently.
The proximity to airport was a great blessing. The check in experience was good. They had good bed and I had a good nights rest.
The only inconvenience was had to wait two minutes for the hot water after turning on the shower.
I did not use the restaurant or other facilities so I cannot comment on them. I waould certainly recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest-
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. I'm glad you found the accommodations to be convenient and satisfactory. Thank you for recommending us and we hope to see you again.
Ellicott City, Maryland, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

my wife and I vacation in New England regularly and we value our stop at HGI in Albany each year. We break up our trip and have ALWAYS had a great time and service at HGI Albany. We rest well, enjoy the surrounding opportunities.

Dear Valued Guest-
Thank you for stopping by each year on your way to New England. We're so glad you enjoy your stays enough to continue coming. We look forward to seeing you next year!
Oswego, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed here on our recent trip to Vermont. The room was great and very quiet (which surprised me being next to an airport). We were greeted and taken care of immediately upon our arrival. There was a large parking lot and was well lit. Breakfast was excellent. Also had a relaxing shower. Internet worked well. The room was large and very clean. I would stay here again in a heart beat.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WeekendWanders52
Dear Valued Guest--
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you had a nice trip to Vermont. Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We hope to see you again.
Sincerely--Ashley
San Antonio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Flying in and out of Albany, our trip plan was to find a hotel that was convenient, nice quality and clean, near the airport (to make our arrival, departure and rental car needs efficient). Staff was extremely helpful, room was very nice, and shuttle service made for a really pleasant experience. Just as planned...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Ashley B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest-
I'm happy to hear our hotel lived up to your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We hope to see you again.
Sincerely-Ashley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albany
Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany
Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport)
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center
Home2 Suites by Hilton Albany Airport / Wolf Rd
Hilton Garden Inn Albany / SUNY Area
Hotel Indigo Albany-Latham

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport? Share your experiences!