“Great Stay-Excellent Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Sarasota, Florida
“Great Stay-Excellent Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

The front desk staff went above and beyond after our late arrival. Even leaving room service open for us to order after ten pm because we had two young ones with us. Excellent in every way! They gave us complimentary water and drink tickets because of our ordeal (a speeding ticket prior to arrival) and joked my husband out of his mood. Couldn't ask for better service and basic human understanding.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Ashley B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest--
Thank you for your kind words! I'm so glad our staff was able to cheer up your husband and provide such excellent service. It's our goal to exceed expectations & I'm pleased we were able to achieve that during your stay. We hope to see you again.
Sincerely--Ashley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Pleasanton, Ca., United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Remembering to turn "right" out of the airport is hugely important. Reasonably clean and quiet for an airport hotel. Expectations were not real high as we were in late and out mid morning. Breakfast was nothing special. But convienient to the airport was a key factor.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is the 3rd or 4th time I've stayed at this hotel near the Albany airport. Flight from Chicago got in after midnight and we just crossed the street and quickly and easliy got our room and went to sleep. Other end of the trip we have a 7am flight back to chicago and we'll do the same.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Ashley B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest--
Thank you for returning to the hotel so many times. I'm glad our proximity to the airport is so helpful. We look forward to seeing you again.
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I came to the area on business, and was very pleased with the friendly staff, clean and comfortable rooms and convenient location. The breakfast was yummy and cooked to order. I didn't have the chance to use the fitness room or pool. I will definitely return.

Room Tip: The higher rooms seem to be quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ashley B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest-
Thank you for your kind words-I'm glad we were able to serve you well while here on business. Hopefully next time you stay with us you'll have time to use the exercise room. We look forward to seeing you again.
NoCal
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here before. I'd say the breakfast people changed, not for the better. A person of color made an order and the cook made something he did not order. I asked for two bacon two sausage and only got sausage. When the other gentleman's order was done, there were only two people in the breakfast area, one with his food, one man waiting. Since the order was incorrect, he turned it back. I mention to the waitress he made the order and the waitress said that people order dishes and turn it away. Then maybe your cook is cooking the incorrect order? My order was served incorrectly. To boot, sat down, looked down and saw an ant trail to some food in the eating area. I take pictures and tell the server I'm moving. She says what? YOU HAVE ANTS. The waitress tried to blame the night cleaning crew, but funny, I saw other food items on the floor without ant trails. I need the health department number, this is not funny. Poor food handling and service. If I could give this place a negative number, I would.

• Stayed June 2013
Cincinnati, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

When I arrived at my room I could tell that someone had smoked in it. I went and told the hotel receptionist and she offered to spray the room which they did. Spraying the room will only cover the smell and will not remove the effect of smoking. The bath tub drain was very slow. There was no good ventilation in the bathroom. The Internet slow was so slow that I switched to my smart phone's hot spot. There was no central A/C. The unit was a wall mounted (under the window) which made a lot of noise when running. The worst part of my experience was that the walls between the rooms were very thin and there was no noise isolation. I could tell that the next room's headboard was against mine. They were having sex past 3:00 am and I could easily hear the noise of their bed moving and their own moaning noise which was ridiculous and disgusting. I did not expect this from Hilton at all. The three nights before this stay I stayed at the Hampton Inn (owned by Hilton) in Bennington, VT which was another disaster. Dirty and old carpet, broken and scratched furniture, noisy windows A/C, slow Internet, and more. Ali Mehrabi

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Ashley B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest—
I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. We have looked into all of these issues and I can assure you they are not typically experienced at our hotel. We do hope you’ll give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations should you be in the Albany area again.
Sincerely—Ashley
Faribault, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel a few times over the past year and have always had a good experience. The staff is very friendly and always take the time to greet you when coming and going. The recently redone lobby area is unique with private cubby areas where you can sit and have a drink or converse with friends. Rooms are comfortable and clean. On our recent stay, we were able to enjoy the weather on the two large patio areas just outside the hotel. If you are looking for a good hotel close to the Albany airport, you can't go wrong.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest--
I'm so glad we've been able to serve you so many times. I'm glad the staff, lobby, rooms, and patios have always been to your liking. We hope to see you again soon!