“This place is dirty”

Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport
Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here before. I'd say the breakfast people changed, not for the better. A person of color made an order and the cook made something he did not order. I asked for two bacon two sausage and only got sausage. When the other gentleman's order was done, there were only two people in the breakfast area, one with his food, one man waiting. Since the order was incorrect, he turned it back. I mention to the waitress he made the order and the waitress said that people order dishes and turn it away. Then maybe your cook is cooking the incorrect order? My order was served incorrectly. To boot, sat down, looked down and saw an ant trail to some food in the eating area. I take pictures and tell the server I'm moving. She says what? YOU HAVE ANTS. The waitress tried to blame the night cleaning crew, but funny, I saw other food items on the floor without ant trails. I need the health department number, this is not funny. Poor food handling and service. If I could give this place a negative number, I would.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed June 24, 2013

When I arrived at my room I could tell that someone had smoked in it. I went and told the hotel receptionist and she offered to spray the room which they did. Spraying the room will only cover the smell and will not remove the effect of smoking. The bath tub drain was very slow. There was no good ventilation in the bathroom. The Internet slow was so slow that I switched to my smart phone's hot spot. There was no central A/C. The unit was a wall mounted (under the window) which made a lot of noise when running. The worst part of my experience was that the walls between the rooms were very thin and there was no noise isolation. I could tell that the next room's headboard was against mine. They were having sex past 3:00 am and I could easily hear the noise of their bed moving and their own moaning noise which was ridiculous and disgusting. I did not expect this from Hilton at all. The three nights before this stay I stayed at the Hampton Inn (owned by Hilton) in Bennington, VT which was another disaster. Dirty and old carpet, broken and scratched furniture, noisy windows A/C, slow Internet, and more. Ali Mehrabi

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Ashley B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Valued Guest—
I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. We have looked into all of these issues and I can assure you they are not typically experienced at our hotel. We do hope you’ll give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations should you be in the Albany area again.
Sincerely—Ashley

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel a few times over the past year and have always had a good experience. The staff is very friendly and always take the time to greet you when coming and going. The recently redone lobby area is unique with private cubby areas where you can sit and have a drink or converse with friends. Rooms are comfortable and clean. On our recent stay, we were able to enjoy the weather on the two large patio areas just outside the hotel. If you are looking for a good hotel close to the Albany airport, you can't go wrong.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashley B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Valued Guest--
I'm so glad we've been able to serve you so many times. I'm glad the staff, lobby, rooms, and patios have always been to your liking. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Not a very good hotel, overpriced. Very few amenities. Shabby pool area, no place comfortable to sit and keep an eye on your kids. hard to see the sign for the hotel, if you are not careful, you will drive right past it.

Dear Valued Guest—
I’m so sorry you weren’t more satisfied with your stay. We do our best to keep our rates competitive with other area hotels that offer similar amenities, including complimentary parking and wi-fi, in room refrigerators and microwaves, have an indoor pool and exercise room, a 24-hour pantry, and an on-site restaurant. Based on fire codes there isn’t room for much seating in our pool area other than the bench that is already there, we are sorry for the inconvenience but do hope your kids enjoyed the pool! Finally, we are fortunate to be set off the main road, but I understand that if you’re not expecting this it can be more difficult to see the property quickly and do apologize. I hope the other aspects of your stay were enjoyable and that you do give us another chance to exceed your expectations next time you’re in the area.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is a great hotel. We have stayed here before. The staff is super friendly and will go out of their way to help you. Rooms and lobby are all redone. Super helpful in taking you to the airport and picking you us. Free parking at the hotel while you are gone is a huge +. Would recommend this hotel for all. A+++ all around!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Ashley B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Valued Guest--
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I'm so glad you've enjoyed your stays with us & that we're able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

My stay at the hotel was very nice. Hotel was updated and the front desk staff was very courteous and friendly. If you ask the front desk for a taxi the hotel will call Buzzy's. Both times we used the service we were overcharged. When we went back to the airport he charged us 80 dollars for three people, stating we had to pay per room. This is not the case. Watch for the dishonest drivers.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank danelles6

Dear Valued Guest--
Thank you for the head's up-we will keep that in mind when recommending taxi services. I am sorry for the frustration you experienced. I am glad that your stay with us was enjoyable, though, and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Although the front desk receptionist talked way too fast..and then seemed to be confused about another party that was with us....the property was nice, room was clean and well -equiped..nice that they had a restaurant there..and, 24hr. food available behind the front desk...good location..would stay here again...

2  Thank notserp7

Dear Valued Guest--
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I apologize for the speedy front desk agent & any miscommunication, but am so glad you had a nice stay overall. We hope to see you again.