Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport
$137
Hilton.com
  • Pool
$69
CrestHill Suites Albany(Albany)(Great Value!)
$107
$112
$110
$137
$154
$139
  • Breakfast included
$93
All reviewsalbany airportcooked to order breakfastrental caran early flighthotel restaurantpool and hot tubfront desk staffnext morninghotel is cleanshuttle servicefire pitwolf roadbusiness tripwould stay here againcomfortable roomsnice stayfree shuttle
Reviewed December 7, 2012

This place catered to every need I had! Everyone was very nice :) I can't wait to go back! The shuttle to and from the airport was speedy and even took me to a nearby restaurant! The beds were amazingly comfortable!

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side, it's near the airport and the rooms facing the airport can get a little loud.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Ashley B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay! As you noted, the shuttle will actually go anywhere within a 3 mile radius of the hotel, giving plenty of dining and shopping options. Have a great holiday season & we hope to see you again!

Sincerely, Ashley

Reviewed December 5, 2012

As others have noted, this hotel is literally right across the street from the airport...but airplane noise is remarkably non-existent. That's a huge plus right from the start.

As for the rooms, the positives, in addition to the quiet noted above, are that the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was clean, the temperature control was unobtrusive...in short, a decent room. The small "convenience" market next to the check-in station had healthier snacks than the usual candy and processed meat. We got our room through Priceline, and our request to change from a double queen to a king was honored quickly and without complaint or extra charge.

The negatives mostly fall into what I could call the "nit-picking" category, i.e., they made the stay less "nice," but not less comfortable.

- The in-room coffee was terrible, either stale or tainted by an unclean coffeemaker...we're not sure which.

- The supplied glasses were glass rather than the individually wrapped plastic, which makes my partner nervous ever since she saw a TV special about housekeeping personnel in some hotels simply swiping out glasses with disinfectant-soaked cloth and putting them back in service.

- Breakfast is not free...on our visit, it was $10.95 a head in the hotel restaurant.

- The biggest complaint: The HD TV is permanently set to display in "wide" mode so that whatever the broadcast, it will fill the screen...who cares whether the people look like grotesquely distorted caricatures of real humans. The bad part of the whole thing is that the execrable "LodgeNet" system everyone uses to control adjustments locks out not only the picture color and tint adjustments (acceptable, if a bit nanny-esque), but also the picture aspect ratio adjustment, meaning that everything you watch will necessarily be distorted. A POX ON NANNY-ESQUE HOTEL TV POLICIES!

OK, now that the rant about the TV is over, I have to note that we were traveling with my partner's elderly parents, and they thought the hotel was quite nice, and since I don't choose my hotels based on the ability to select proper aspect ratios on the TV, I have to say that this hotel is certainly worth return visits.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We're glad you enjoyed your stay overall and are pleased we were able to accommodate your requests. We're sorry the in-room coffee wasn't to your liking, as a coffee drinker I can understand the importance! Fortunately we do have a complimentary 24-hour coffee/tea/hot cocoa station available in the restaurant for all of our guests which may have met your preferences more.
I'm proud to say our Hilton Garden Inn, along with many others, has been taking measures to be as environmentally friendly as possible. For this reason we do use reusable glassware in our rooms, and I can assure you every piece is cleaned very thoroughly. I'm sorry this was unsettling to your companion.
Our breakfast isn't free however we are fortunate enough to have chefs that make exceptional made-to-order breakfasts for anyone electing to eat it. We have a full omelet station, eggs cooked to any preference, pancakes, waffles, fresh fruit, yogurts, oatmeal with many toppings, cereal, fresh pastries, bagels, muffins, breads, juices, etc.-you get the picture! Unfortunately because the breakfast is so exceptional we do have to charge for it.
Finally, I'm sorry about the TV-lock on the picture. I can certainly understand why that's frustrating. While it wouldn't completely solve the problem, on your next visit we can ask maintenance to adjust the ratio as needed for you.
We hope you have a wonderful holiday season & to see you again!
Sincerely, Ashley

Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is a great hotel in a great location, very clean, staff friendly and accommodating. I would have given a 5 for the room resting instead of a 4 but I didn't like the "comfort air bed". However upon speaking with the manager Ms Patel, those beds are being phased out. That's good news to me.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Solaris1
Ashley B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear Valued Guest--

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was one of the best airport hotels I have ever frequented. It was literally across the street from the tarmac, yet no noise.. The young man who checked me in was so nice and friendly and intelligent. As a Hilton Honors Gold member, it’s great to stay at a hotel where the staff is professional and friendly. They also accommodated my request for an upper level room away from elevator. Room had modern decorations and many outlets (thank you!). Exercise room standard for a hotel, but tv's on each piece of equipment. Decent size pool and hot tub. I would stay here again if ever in the area.

Room Tip: Upper level room away from elevators...always a safe bet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Ashley B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Valued Guest--

Thank you so much for your glowing review! We do have an exceptional staff here and we thank you for recognizing their commitment to your satisfaction. I'm glad you were able to enjoy some of our amenities, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

I would absolutely stay at this hotel again. Extremely convenient to Albany airport. I'm a very frequent Hilton visitor and have stayed in some bad ones-certainly not the case here. Clean and comfortable and staff was very friendly and helpful. Onsite restaurant was a good choice, too

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon!