“Very Nice Aiport Hotel”

Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Albany
South Salem, New York
“Very Nice Aiport Hotel”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The HGI is basically across the street from the airport but it does not have that airport hotel feeling or airport noise. I have stayed here in the past and have no complaints. There are plenty of dining options nearby on Route 7 or Wolf Road. Don't be confused by the Albany address provided by Hilton, you are not in downtown Albany, in fact I believe the hotel may be in Colonie or Latham. If you are using a GPS, don't worry about the street address simply enter the Albany Airport. You can see the Hotel from the road. Coming from the Interstate you will pass the terminal and the hotel is on the left.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ashley B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Valued Guest--

Thank you for your kind review! We're so happy you continue to stay with us time and time again. You're right; our address is technically Albany, but we're not downtown & the Airport is a great way to identify our location. We look forward to seeing you again!

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
North Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed October 2, 2012

So we returned our car early in advance of an early flight the next AM to Washington, DC, which means either ordering in, a cab ride to dine, or heavens NO eating at the captive hotel Resteraunt Chain - Amercan Grill. We gambled - had a lovely dinner here and were happy with ou chicken dish andsalmon selection with soup and salad. Both very good selections.

This real should be a Resteraunt selection template my friends at TripAdvisor. The dining is open to the public. $$$

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Neonladder
Dear Valued Guests--

Thank you so much for your review on our restaurant! You're absolutely right-our chefs do a great job & I've shared your kind words with them. While we love having you dine-in, during your next visit don't forget we offer complimentary shuttle service to several additional restaurants and stores-you're never stuck when you stay with us! Thank you again & we hope to see you soon!

Hamden, Connecticut
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn a few years ago. We like to stay at different places when we visit our daughter, but decided on a return to this spot. There were many upgrades since the last stay, and it was a very pleasant surpise. The new mattresses are adaptable firmness, the bathrooms were sparkling, the breakfast cooked to order was excellant. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. A definate thumbs up.

1 Thank skordzek
Dear Valued Guest--

Thank you so much for your kind words! We have remodeled and are so glad you came back to see the improvements. Thank you for recognizing our delicious breakfast, the awareness of our housekeeping staff, and the attentiveness of our front desk staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I had grand plans to take advantage of a business conference in Saratoga Springs by flying into Albany two days early, spending a night at the Hilton Garden Inn, and then driving down to Cooperstown to visit the Baseball Hall of Fame. After picking up my rental car, I was able to find the HGI with no problem, even though it was dark and foggy when I arrived. The hotel is a very short distance from the terminal.

It had been a long travel day with a delayed flight, so I was anxious to check in, get something to eat, and then relax in my room. I was greeted by friendly front desk personnel who welcomed me to the area.

I had dinner and a drink in the hotel’s restaurant, and called it a night. Around 2 am I woke up and barely made it to the bathroom. I don’t know if I contracted a bug of some type, or something didn’t sit well on my stomach, but I could barely lift my head off the pillow. The next morning it was clear I wasn’t going anywhere, including outside my room, so I called the front desk and explained my situation. They could not have been more helpful and sympathetic, and told me there would be no problem with my staying another night without having to change rooms. They even offered to bring me Pepto-Bismol, aspirin, Imodium, etc. from their convenience store if I needed it, and told me to call room service if I needed anything like broth, tea, crackers, etc.

Fortunately I was up and about on the second day, and the front desk staff let me know they were happy to see me still among the living when I went by there on my way to breakfast. They gave me some ideas of things to see and do in Albany before I had to catch the shuttle to Saratoga Springs. Connor, Bridget, and Lexie went out of their way to make my stay as pleasant and easy as possible under the circumstances.

This hotel is clean and well maintained, with a trained staff. The breakfast buffet, including cooked to order eggs, omelets, and waffles, offers a variety of choices and is worth the extra charge.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rigatoni58
Dear Valued Guest--

I am so sorry to hear you were sick when in Albany and that you had to miss Cooperstown! I do hope you get a chance to come back and visit the Hall of Fame. We appreciate the kind things you have to say about our hotel and particuarly about our wonderful front desk staff. Connor, Bridget, and Lexy really are fantastic-we're lucky to have them! We hope to see you again soon (and in better health!).

Connecticut
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton during a visit to Union College. Their price was very reasonable, the staff was friendly, The room was very clean. The only suggestion i would give them is to be able to provide full size pillows, which they don't offer.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel is incredibly convenient for anyone needing to be close to the airport without feeling like you are AT the airport, as it is set off in a wooded area. The staff were very friendly, helpful and welcoming. When we discovered a soiled sheet on one of the beds, the situation was immediately addressed and we were given a complimentary breakfast the next morning. The breakfast was fresh and made to order. For those in our party who arrived late at night and flew out early in the morning, the shuttle was very convenient. If I ever return to the area, I would stay here again.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

This hotel is our back-up when the Troy HGI is full. Nothing to complain about. Clean, well-run, fully staffed and equiped. Easy to get back on the Thruway.

Would certainly recommend. Nice safe location, great for running/walking.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family