“Sick on the Road, and Hotel Comes Through”

Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Nashville, Tennessee
“Sick on the Road, and Hotel Comes Through”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I had grand plans to take advantage of a business conference in Saratoga Springs by flying into Albany two days early, spending a night at the Hilton Garden Inn, and then driving down to Cooperstown to visit the Baseball Hall of Fame. After picking up my rental car, I was able to find the HGI with no problem, even though it was dark and foggy when I arrived. The hotel is a very short distance from the terminal.

It had been a long travel day with a delayed flight, so I was anxious to check in, get something to eat, and then relax in my room. I was greeted by friendly front desk personnel who welcomed me to the area.

I had dinner and a drink in the hotel’s restaurant, and called it a night. Around 2 am I woke up and barely made it to the bathroom. I don’t know if I contracted a bug of some type, or something didn’t sit well on my stomach, but I could barely lift my head off the pillow. The next morning it was clear I wasn’t going anywhere, including outside my room, so I called the front desk and explained my situation. They could not have been more helpful and sympathetic, and told me there would be no problem with my staying another night without having to change rooms. They even offered to bring me Pepto-Bismol, aspirin, Imodium, etc. from their convenience store if I needed it, and told me to call room service if I needed anything like broth, tea, crackers, etc.

Fortunately I was up and about on the second day, and the front desk staff let me know they were happy to see me still among the living when I went by there on my way to breakfast. They gave me some ideas of things to see and do in Albany before I had to catch the shuttle to Saratoga Springs. Connor, Bridget, and Lexie went out of their way to make my stay as pleasant and easy as possible under the circumstances.

This hotel is clean and well maintained, with a trained staff. The breakfast buffet, including cooked to order eggs, omelets, and waffles, offers a variety of choices and is worth the extra charge.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rigatoni58
Ashley B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Valued Guest--

I am so sorry to hear you were sick when in Albany and that you had to miss Cooperstown! I do hope you get a chance to come back and visit the Hall of Fame. We appreciate the kind things you have to say about our hotel and particuarly about our wonderful front desk staff. Connor, Bridget, and Lexy really are fantastic-we're lucky to have them! We hope to see you again soon (and in better health!).

Ashley Brozenic

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Connecticut
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton during a visit to Union College. Their price was very reasonable, the staff was friendly, The room was very clean. The only suggestion i would give them is to be able to provide full size pillows, which they don't offer.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel is incredibly convenient for anyone needing to be close to the airport without feeling like you are AT the airport, as it is set off in a wooded area. The staff were very friendly, helpful and welcoming. When we discovered a soiled sheet on one of the beds, the situation was immediately addressed and we were given a complimentary breakfast the next morning. The breakfast was fresh and made to order. For those in our party who arrived late at night and flew out early in the morning, the shuttle was very convenient. If I ever return to the area, I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This hotel is our back-up when the Troy HGI is full. Nothing to complain about. Clean, well-run, fully staffed and equiped. Easy to get back on the Thruway.

Would certainly recommend. Nice safe location, great for running/walking.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Very clean, friendly staff, comfortable rooms. Would definitely stay here again. Very Peaceful location. Although its next to the airport, I never heard any planes. Short 2 min drive to wolff rd where many restaurants are.

1 Thank Hotels2ndhome
West Chesterfield, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This is a great hotel. We stayed here for our daughters wedding. The venue was the Shaker Heritage Barn, location, amazing. The hotel would shuttle us back and fort, 6 at a time for now charge. The rooms were nice, clean, big and fashionable. The rate is high if you are not booked in a block of space. The grounds were very well maintained. The pool was clean, the fire pit and sitting Oasis outside made for a great evening after the wedding. Staff was friendly. Definately hard working. Breakfast not included and was about $11 per person in the morning. Nice little pantry to purchase food and drink. Small gym, but adequate & great business center

Room Tip: Great for a block of rooms for a function because of the outdoor space. Location to airport, PERFECT